Possible to run 64 bit mql5 tester agent on Linux?

I would like to know if this possible, thank you.

I did not find any information related to "Windows only" so sorry ... But I think - tester agents are wirking on Windows only. Besides, there are the other limitations:

• Tester agents/Remote agents/MQL5 Cloud Network agents‌/MetaTester 5 Agents Manager are no longer available for use in the 32-bit terminals: they can work only in the 64-bit systems: read more here 
  • Prohibition for using testing agents working on virtual OS in MQL5.Cloud - read more here

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.20 06:49

And this is something which may be important for example:

============

MetaTrader 5 Help → MQL5 Cloud Network → How to Participate - Restrictions of Participation on MQL5 Cloud Network 

There are several limitations of participation on MQL5 Cloud Network:

• An agent should have at least 768 MB of available physical memory to perform calculations.
  • To connect your agents to the MQL5 Cloud Network, the computer where the agents are installed must have at least 2048MB of RAM.
  • The agent's productivity index (PR) should not be less than 50.
  • Agents installed on a virtual machine cannot participate in MQL5 Cloud Network.
  • Agents having PR below 100 are not used in genetic optimization in order not to slow down the calculation process. The reason is that the calculation is performed by generations (256 passes). While one generation is not calculated, calculation of the next one cannot start. Even if a single pass out of 256 ones is calculated by a low PR agent, the total calculation speed is reduced.
  • An agent will not be able to receive new tasks from the MQL5 Cloud Network if the free disk space on the computer where the agent is installed falls below 500MB.
  • Agents do not receive tasks from the cloud network in case the PC they are installed at is powered by a battery (it refers to laptops).

Sergey Golubev:

More information is on this thread: 

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
Thank you very much for the information 

Hi,

i've tester-agents running in wine on linux. 64 bit and 32 bit ;-)

(but they're not able to connect to the mql-cloud-network - i'm using them for my own tests only)

Christian Blank:

Hi,

i've tester-agents running in wine on linux. 64 bit and 32 bit ;-)

(but they're not able to connect to the mql-cloud-network - i'm using them for my own tests only)

Hi Cristian,

can you tell more about how you set this up?

I want to do the same as I have a linux server available (but MT5 64 bit does not install on it). Also it seems difficult with MT5-32 bit to run the build-in optimizer. Would be a shame if I have to run strategy tests on my old Windows machine while I have a powerful linux machine standing idle.

Thanks

Jansb000

To start the Trading Platform (MT5), automatically, under Linux, using Wine, it's possible and the setups are those described in the documentation https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start

Perhaps, the trickiest part is to write the right path that points to the MT5 terminal.

If the terminal terminal64.exe is in:
/home/my-user-name/.mt5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/terminal64.exe
and the custom configuration file my-tester.ini is in:
/home/my-user-name/.mt5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/Config/my-tester.ini
then, the command to run in the terminal is:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/my-user-name/.mt5" wine C:\\Program\ Files\\MetaTrader\ 5\\terminal64.exe /config:C:\\Program\ Files\\MetaTrader\ 5\\Config\\my-tester.ini

A simple configuration file (my-tester.ini), that only executes the optimization and saves the report, has the following structure:
[Tester]
Expert=Me\my-ea.ex5
Symbol=US500
Period=H1
Login=123456
Model=2
FromDate=2022.01.01
ToDate=2023.01.01
ForwardMode=0
Deposit=250
Currency=EUR
ProfitInPips=0
Leverage=30
ExecutionMode=100
Optimization=2
OptimizationCriterion=0
Report=MQL5\Files\my-report.xml
ReplaceReport=1
ShutdownTerminal=1
[TesterInputs]
LEN=90||80||5||120||Y
SL=200||50||10||200||Y
TP=200||50||10||200||Y
RM=25||25||1||250||N
Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...

If the configuration file (my-tester.ini) is written by a script, be sure to use the correct encoding (utf-16le) otherwise it will not be read by the terminal.
Reason: