Help needed for changing my MQL5 community account password! Thanks in advance!

I just registered an MQL5 community account. I tried to change password, and entered my new password and the current password which was emailed to me from MQL5 community. However, every time I tried to do that, the webpage showed "Error saving data", and showed "Password must exceed 4 characters" below the box for the current password (see attached picture). Both the current password and the new password exceed 4 characters. I just get stuck and cannot do anything. Please advise me how to solve this problem and I thank you guys in advance.

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks for your help! I followed your 2nd link and got an email with a new password. I used this password to log in my account in the MQL5 community website account. Then I tried to change password n "Settings": after I filled the new password and confirm boxes, I entered the emailed password (the password used for log in) for "Confirm your authorization to apply changes" and clicked save. However, the web page still showed "Error saving data" at the top and "Password must exceed 4 characters" below the box for current password (See attached picture). All passwords exceed 4 characters, so the error message is confusing. Did I do something wrong or miss some steps?

The same happens to me trying to set my phone number.

"Error saving data" and "Password must exceed 4 characters" messages.

Any solution?

I have the exactly same problem. I also created a post on this topic, then saw your post. 

Apparently nobody has provided a solution, as of now.

lartrd:

I have the exactly same problem. I also created a post on this topic, then saw your post. 

Apparently nobody has provided a solution, as of now.

I replied on your thread.

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to add a phone number to be able to add funds to keep my VPS running. When I try to add funds, I get a message saying "You need to provide a phone number in your mql5.com Profile. Please try to repeat the transaction after phone number verification."

When I go to my profile to try to add my phone, I get the same "Error saving data" and "Password must exceed 4 characters" messages as you guys mention. I know my password, it is indeed longer than 4 characters, but it doesn't let me save my profile. I already tried following the link to change my password (https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_forgotten), changed my password, and getting the exact same error when trying to add my phone. I also tried on a different browser, on my phone, and after waiting 24 hours – still getting the error.

It's really annoying, as my VPS subscription ends in a couple of days and I need to add money to keep it running, but I can't because of this 'bug'. Please help!

Fernando Macias:

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to add a phone number to be able to add funds to keep my VPS running. When I try to add funds, I get a message saying "You need to provide a phone number in your mql5.com Profile. Please try to repeat the transaction after phone number verification."

When I go to my profile to try to add my phone, I get the same "Error saving data" and "Password must exceed 4 characters" messages as you guys mention. I know my password, it is indeed longer than 4 characters, but it doesn't let me save my profile. I already tried following the link to change my password (https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_forgotten), changed my password, and getting the exact same error when trying to add my phone. I also tried on a different browser, on my phone, and after waiting 24 hours – still getting the error.

It's really annoying, as my VPS subscription ends in a couple of days and I need to add money to keep it running, but I can't because of this 'bug'. Please help!

I actually used a different email to register a new account, the same problem persists. The service desk need to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Jeff Liu #:
Thanks for your help! I followed your 2nd link and got an email with a new password. I used this password to log in my account in the MQL5 community website account. Then I tried to change password n "Settings": after I filled the new password and confirm boxes, I entered the emailed password (the password used for log in) for "Confirm your authorization to apply changes" and clicked save. However, the web page still showed "Error saving data" at the top and "Password must exceed 4 characters" below the box for current password (See attached picture). All passwords exceed 4 characters, so the error message is confusing. Did I do something wrong or miss some steps?
Diego Ruiz #:

The same happens to me trying to set my phone number.

"Error saving data" and "Password must exceed 4 characters" messages.

Any solution?

try to make 9 digit password, don't forget combination number and alphabet :)
Reason: