Can I re install an Expert Advisor on same laptop?

I bought 3 EA's recently. Problem is I installed them wrongly using wizard instead of file/open data folder/copy on/off done. I tried deleting files from both my MT5 account and in my files, then when I tried to re install the EA goes to my market section only in my navigator. When I then try the correct EA download procedure by going to file/open data folder - the EA's are not there. So, I've only used 1 activation on each EA, but can someone please let me know if it's possible to re install on same laptop? Many thanks.
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileDelete
  • www.mql5.com
FileDelete - File Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

ruxster:
I bought 3 EA's recently. Problem is I installed them wrongly using wizard instead of file/open data folder/copy on/off done. I tried deleting files from both my MT5 account and in my files, then when I tried to re install the EA goes to my market section only in my navigator. When I then try the correct EA download procedure by going to file/open data folder - the EA's are not there. So, I've only used 1 activation on each EA, but can someone please let me know if it's possible to re install on same laptop? Many thanks.

Yes you ca, without using another activation, make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account with your ruxster login and NOT any other!

Hi Eleni

Thank you for replying to my thread. Sorry it took me so long to reply.... another nightmare... keep getting "server error 403 Forbidden Access Denied" !!!! grrrr

But, yes. I'm logged on under same password/username on both? I tried deleting from my account and my files, then came back and could click on install in the toolbox, purchased and the EA appears in my market folder in navigator. But, that's as far as I get, the EA is not added to my files when I opened data folder?

ruxster:

Hi Eleni

Thank you for replying to my thread. Sorry it took me so long to reply.... another nightmare... keep getting "server error 403 Forbidden Access Denied" !!!! grrrr

But, yes. I'm logged on under same password/username on both? I tried deleting from my account and my files, then came back and could click on install in the toolbox, purchased and the EA appears in my market folder in navigator. But, that's as far as I get, the EA is not added to my files when I opened data folder?

What do you mean?

If you install it, you will be able to use it.

MQL5 Market purchases are not available in data folders, like other EAs you just paste there.

Hi Eleni,

I downloaded file wrong. I used the metatrader wizard to install rather than using file-open data folder. I'm new on this platform, I watched the wrong video on utube on how to download expert advisors.

I tried everything trying to fix the problem, I ended up deleting files and tried to reinstall, but cannot. When I install EA, it goes into my market section of my navigator only - not my files when I open data folder. So cannot use from the market section only.

I have only used 1 activation on my expert advisors, the 1 I really want to use has 9 activations left.... so annoying

<Deleted>

• www.mql5.com
FileDelete - File Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

ruxster:

Hi Eleni,

I downloaded file wrong. I used the metatrader wizard to install rather than using file-open data folder. I'm new on this platform, I watched the wrong video on utube on how to download expert advisors.

I tried everything trying to fix the problem, I ended up deleting files and tried to reinstall, but cannot. When I install EA, it goes into my market section of my navigator only - not my files when I open data folder. So cannot use from the market section only.

I have only used 1 activation on my expert advisors, the 1 I really want to use has 9 activations left.... so annoying

<Deleted>

But as I've told you, you use and trade with your MQL5 Market purchased EAs, through the Market folder of your Navigator window.

There is no other way.

In the navigator you have Expert Advisors, with 3 sections...1.Market 2. Advisors and 3. Examples.  When I install my EA, it goes into 1. Market. I can only use the EA when in 3.Examples.

Yes, I can click and slide the EA to chart, but will not work taking from market. But, I do appreciate you trying to help. Many thanks

you mentioned before that I just paste there? How do I do this please? paste what from where to where?

ruxster:
you mentioned before that I just paste there? How do I do this please? paste what from where to where?

No, you don't paste MQL5 Market purchases, they go into the Market folder upon installation.

Reason: