which profit does successful trader have in pips per day?

Dear forum participants,

I would like to ask you about next two questuons: 

1. Which profit does a successful trader have in pips per day (approximately)?

2. Which profit does a good EA have in pips per day (approximately)?

Thank you for your answers and comments in advance

Best regards,

IzaTrade 

izzatilla:

Dear forum participants,

I would like to ask you about next two questuons: 

1. Which profit does a successful trader have in pips per day (approximately)?

2. Which profit does a good EA have in pips per day (approximately)?

Thank you for your answers and comments in advance

Best regards,

IzaTrade 

The answer to these question simply depends on you the trader. There is no universal strategy or techniques in taking profit. 

Roszey:
The answer to these question simply depends on you the trader. There is no universal strategy or techniques in taking profit. 

I believe that "Day" is just a very small timeframe to consider. Market doesn't behave the same way each day, Monthly or Anually should be better timeframes to measure if you've been successful or not. 

Besides, if you are only looking for "pips" you're forgetting about Money Management which is also a very important part of any strategy - that's the way how you manage the risk.

In the end, I believe that Account Growth vs. Account Drawdown are better indicators to keep an eye on. 

henlatourrette:

I believe that "Day" is just a very small timeframe to consider. Market doesn't behave the same way each day, Monthly or Anually should be better timeframes to measure if you've been successful or not. 

Besides, if you are only looking for "pips" you're forgetting about Money Management which is also a very important part of any strategy - that's the way how you manage the risk.

In the end, I believe that Account Growth vs. Account Drawdown are better indicators to keep an eye on. 

Thank you, I am agree with you, but could you give me approx. pips which can earn per day or per month or per year. 

no definite answer to your question

I make 1 pip per day playing 1000 lots ($10k profit per day)

kkjawz:
I make 1 pip per day playing 1000 lots ($10k profit per day)
Great.Who can made more pips per day ? I will wait for your answers

Actually the questions are logical and also the answers.

If you can hold your emotions and accept some risk you can daily make 10 000 pips That one is really no problem. With such a specific script or EA it is possible. The point is that it opens each tick one trade with small TP that belongs commision and swap (if there is any).

If you are more conservative and a manual trader it is very real to make daily 50 - 300 pips. Everything depends form the conditions on the market.

The only thing you should remenber is :

• more pips - more risk
  • low pips - low risk

Many Green pips !

T

TomasV:

Actually the questions are logical and also the answers.

If you can hold your emotions and accept some risk you can daily make 10 000 pips That one is really no problem. With such a specific script or EA it is possible. The point is that it opens each tick one trade with small TP that belongs commision and swap (if there is any).

If you are more conservative and a manual trader it is very real to make daily 50 - 300 pips. Everything depends form the conditions on the market.

The only thing you should remenber is :

• more pips - more risk
  • low pips - low risk

Many Green pips !

T

Thank you very much! I thought that about 100 pips per day is really possible for good trader. 

It depends on which pair you are trading. For the more volatile ones like EURJPY, 50 pips+ isn't hard but don't forget that the next day you could just as easily make -ve pips or hit margin call if you had greatly increased the lot size hoping for a repeat.

tonny:
It depends on which pair you are trading. For the more volatile ones like EURJPY, 50 pips+ isn't hard but don't forget that the next day you could just as easily make -ve pips or hit margin call if you had greatly increased the lot size hoping for a repeat.
Hello, I am working with GBP/JPY, GBP/AUD and GBP/NZD too, which more volatily that EUR/JPY. It is not important what do you trade, to know what do you do and understanding what does the market are important.
Reason: