Product stopped working !!

Hello ! 

I bought an indicator 6 month ago it was working fine , until this day the author deleted the product from market and changed something to stop it from functionning , it was showing non repainting arrows on chart i used to take that signal as entry point and execute it automatically , but now it seems like the signals are still coming , but they do not output to the buffers , im using autobot , but i can't take the signals that are coming because the buffers are existing but they are empty, i had an old ex4 file of the indicator but when i copy it to mt4 it does not open on charts unless i install it.... is there anyway i can downgrade to the previous version or make it work like before ? or i got scammed ? , the author has gone and i sent him a message i hope he replies back .help please!

Sorry to hear your loss.

It looks like a lost investment. I do not have a solution to your loss. Maybe tech support can help.

There are risks when doing a business with another party. 

When you purchase any indicators or products, you should learn how they work and see if you can duplicate the technology by learning mql4 or pass the requirement to another developer to help you duplicate.

So in the event the author disappears or there is a version update in mql language causing the product not to work anymore, at least you already know how to continue improving on the strategy after he left.

People come and go all the time. 

It can be sickness or death.... No one can live forever.

You need to be aware of the realities of life and move on with lessons learnt. 

It can be painful.

Hope you are enlightened soon enough.

Good luck

maxboxx:

Hello ! 

I bought an indicator 6 month ago it was working fine , until this day the author deleted the product from market and changed something to stop it from functionning , it was showing non repainting arrows on chart i used to take that signal as entry point and execute it automatically , but now it seems like the signals are still coming , but they do not output to the buffers , im using autobot , but i can't take the signals that are coming because the buffers are existing but they are empty, i had an old ex4 file of the indicator but when i copy it to mt4 it does not open on charts unless i install it.... is there anyway i can downgrade to the previous version or make it work like before ? or i got scammed ? , the author has gone and i sent him a message i hope he replies back .help please!

If you bought this pproduct so this product (exact the indicator which you bought irrespectife off - it was deleted from website or not) should be on your Market tab.
And it does not matter: EA was deleted from the Market website after that, or not.

If your purchases stopped working (stopped attaching to the chart) because of Windows 10 update so it means that their activation was lost (because of this Windows 10 update). So, you need to delete your purchases from your Metatrader and install them from your Market folder once again.

----------------

To make it shorter (how to download/install it once again after Windows 10 updates):

• delete your purchases from your Metatrader and install them from your Market folder once again;
  • you will lose one activation by this action (make sure you have activations enought);
  • if this EA is not on your Market - Purchased tab of Metatrader so use the following procedure:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The purchased tab is only showing the last two purchases

Alexey Petrov, 2021.01.19 11:17

Even if a Market product is removed from the showcase, those who already purchased it, can install it anytime from their MetaTrader terminal (Market \ Purchased section).

In case you don't see the product on the list of your purchases in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close all your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install product again

Sergey Golubev:

If you bought this pproduct so this product (exact the indicator which you bought irrespectife off - it was deleted from website or not) should be on your Market tab.
And it does not matter: EA was deleted from the Market website after that, or not.

If your purchases stopped working (stopped attaching to the chart) because of Windows 10 update so it means that their activation was lost (because of this Windows 10 update). So, you need to delete your purchases from your Metatrader and install them from your Market folder once again.

----------------

To make it shorter (how to download/install it once again after Windows 10 updates):

• delete your purchases from your Metatrader and install them from your Market folder once again;
  • you will lose one activation by this action (make sure you have activations enought);
  • if this EA is not on your Market - Purchased tab of Metatrader so use the following procedure:

My case here is not about lost of activation , it's an issue with the indicator code , it's still working but the buffers that i get are empty that means i can't use an autobot to copy the signals anymore , there are no outputs , it's strange.. can the author still have permission to change parameters after the product is deleted from the market ? if there is any way i can downgrade to the last version ?

maxboxx:

My case here is not about lost of activation , it's an issue with the indicator code , it's still working but the buffers that i get are empty that means i can't use an autobot to copy the signals anymore , there are no outputs , it's strange.. can the author still have permission to change parameters after the product is deleted from the market ? if there is any way i can downgrade to the last version ?

No one can change this code in case you bought indicator from the Market.
Your indicator is same as you bought it (and no one can change it).
It may be changed in case you updated this indicato from the Market tab of your Metatrader.
But if you did not update this indicator to new version proposed by the author so - it is still same indicator and same code.

It may be Metatrader was updated to new build .. or for any other reason.
But it is same code.

Sergey Golubev:

No one can change this code in case you bought indicator from the Market.
Your indicator is same as you bought it (and no one can change it).
It may be changed in case you updated this indicato from the Market tab of your Metatrader.
But if you did not update this indicator to new version proposed by the author so - it is still same indicator and same code.

It may be Metatrader was updated to new build .. or for any other reason.
But it is same code

How can i revert to the older build?, maybe that's the issue

maxboxx:

How can i revert to the older build?, maybe that's the issue

I do not know.
You can download MT4 or MT5 once again hoping that it is not the latest build.
And if you use MetaQuotes-Demo account with MT5 so your MT5 will be automatically updated (so, do not use/connect with MetaQuotes-Demo unless you want to update your Metatrader). Use any account (demo account for example) with the brokers because the brokers are updating MT5 ut they are doing it later.

I am using the following links/collections from time to time:

old builds of MT4 and MT5 - post or
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YSUVehcElTpLxCLPMsdlDfFu4Y61yrcc
(two links)

Sergey Golubev:

I do not know.
You can download MT4 or MT5 once again hoping that it is not the latest build.
And if you use MetaQuotes-Demo account with MT5 so your MT5 will be automatically updated (so, do not use/connect with MetaQuotes-Demo unless you want to update your Metatrader). Use any account (demo account for example) with the brokers because the brokers are updating MT5 ut they are doing it later.

I am using the following links/collections from time to time:

old builds of MT4 and MT5 - post or
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YSUVehcElTpLxCLPMsdlDfFu4Y61yrcc
(two links)

I actually tried the last build but still i have the same issue !!

Suddnly the indicator stopped working with the autobot , i keep receiving signals , but i can't coppy them , it seems like the buffers are not holding any value 
Reason: