4 reasons to rent a VPS for trading - page 9

YTB1 #my VPS isnt connected, how can I migrate the account again

https://www.mql5.com/en/users/ytb1/hosting

I think the VPS service is overpriced and provides little value.   If you have a good internet connection and don’t mind wanting a second to make a trade a desktop machine or an old server will do the job.   At $158 a year the VPS will only manage one EA.   I am running 5 EA. ….so my Dell R610 server I bought off of eBay for $400 will easily be paid off within a year.  It is always on, always connected and can manage as many EA’s as I would like. 

Each of my EAs waits for the 1 minute candle to complete before I trade and I have another minute to place that trade before a new candle appear…..so lots of time.   

Maybe I designed the VPS out of my trading style. But I am having a hard time understanding why you need ultrafast trading. 

why is a VPS a good idea?

chris

Christopher Steven Pinter #:

I think the VPS service is overpriced and provides little value.   If you have a good internet connection and don’t mind wanting a second to make a trade a desktop machine or an old server will do the job.   At $158 a year the VPS will only manage one EA.   I am running 5 EA. ….so my Dell R610 server I bought off of eBay for $400 will easily be paid off within a year.  It is always on, always connected and can manage as many EA’s as I would like. 

Each of my EAs waits for the 1 minute candle to complete before I trade and I have another minute to place that trade before a new candle appear…..so lots of time.   

Maybe I designed the VPS out of my trading style. But I am having a hard time understanding why you need ultrafast trading. 

why is a VPS a good idea?

chris

MQL5 VPS can manage up to 32 EAs attached on 32 different charts of your MT4/5 terminal.

When you experience the first power or internet failure in your local MT4/5 terminal and you see your open trades unnatended, you will realize the real value of using MQL5 VPS.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

MQL5 VPS can manage up to 32 EAs attached on 32 different charts of your MT4/5 terminal.

When you experience the first power or internet failure in your local MT4/5 terminal and you see your open trades unnatended, you will realize the real value of using MQL5 VPS.

Oh.  Thanks a lot.  I did not know I can use it on 32 different charts. That is helpful.

How many instances of MT4 can you host on the Metatrader VPS?

@Jarrod Holmes #: How many instances of MT4 can you host on the Metatrader VPS?

One! Please read the thread for more details.

Hi. I bought two vps for metatrader 4 and metatrader 5. But it doesn't work with my EA system. Can I cancel the purchase and have my money back?

Jorge Gustavo Santos De Araujo #:
Hi. I bought two vps for metatrader 4 and metatrader 5. But it doesn't work with my EA system. Can I cancel the purchase and have my money back?

I found some reply:

If you cancel a paid subscription, the remaining time is returned to your MQL5.com account in the form of "free" minutes. Which later can be spent on a new subscription "for minutes."

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

My VPS was Cancelled, It was purchased yesterday, please undo cancellation or refund the funds

Eleni Anna Branou, 2021.10.10 18:04

If you cancelled your MQL5 VPS you cannot activate the same subscription again, but you can use the remaining VPS time as free minutes if you Register a Virtual Server again and you choose the free minutes as the subscription option.

Reason: