Can an EA run while following an MQL5 signal?

I'm looking to find/create/buy an EA that will change a pair shown as (for example) EURUSD_SB on MT5 to simply EURUSD.

Before I spend loads of time trying to figure that out my first question is... can I run an EA at the same time as following an MQL5 signal?

Cheers!

friggis:

I'm looking to find/create/buy an EA that will change a pair shown as (for example) EURUSD_SB on MT5 to simply EURUSD.

Before I spend loads of time trying to figure that out my first question is... can I run an EA at the same time as following an MQL5 signal?

Cheers!

Yes, it can, but its not advisable, since it will interfere with the money management and risk control the signal provider has in mind.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, it can, but its not advisable, since it will interfere with the money management and risk control the signal provider has in mind.

Thanks for your reply Eleni. 

How would it interfere if all the EA would be doing is replacing a pair shown as EURUSD_SB with the broker to simply EURUSD on the MT5 platform? I'm hoping that if the EA can keep the pair showing in the standard way at all times then the signal should function as normal, no?

Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand it in my head.

Thanks!

friggis:
Thanks for your reply Eleni. 

How would it interfere if all the EA would be doing is replacing a pair shown as EURUSD_SB with the broker to simply EURUSD on the MT5 platform? I'm hoping that if the EA can keep the pair showing in the standard way at all times then the signal should function as normal, no?

Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand it in my head.

Thanks!

You are right, I didn't read your initial post carefully, it will not interfere at all.

Maybe you should look for a different broker/server setup for copying the signal, instead of searching for ways of overcoming any symbol mapping problems.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are right, I didn't read your initial post carefully, it will not interfere at all.

Maybe you should look for a different broker/server setup for copying the signal, instead of searching for ways of overcoming any symbol mapping problems.

All the brokers that I have researched so far (that offer spread betting accounts) use a different symbol to distinguish the spread betting pairs from the standard pairs so I think this is the only option I have.

friggis:
All the brokers that I have researched so far (that offer spread betting accounts) use a different symbol to distinguish the spread betting pairs from the standard pairs so I think this is the only option I have.
You can rename the Instruments in metatrader.