Signal. Deposit amount and leverage influence logic to deal amount

Hi guys.

I have subscribed to a signal. Due to to journal, MT sets 25% of signal provider's trade volume.

I understand why MT reduces deal volume if my deposit is less than signal provider's. 

But why volume is being reduced if I have leverage 1:100, but signal provider has 1:200? It doesn't make sense completely - I'm losing, using signal, but I can't recover position using larger volume when signal increases them - MT doesn't allow that. Therefore I have lower profits than signal gives.

Is there any option, to double the deal in case of different leverages? 

The volume/lots are automatically calculated.
You can calculate/check the volume by yourself using the example on this post:

----------------

How to change the volume/lot size (many posts)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714  
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Nikolai Ivankin:

Hi guys.

I have subscribed to a signal. Due to to journal, MT sets 25% of signal provider's trade volume.

I understand why MT reduces deal volume if my deposit is less than signal provider's. 

But why volume is being reduced if I have leverage 1:100, but signal provider has 1:200? It doesn't make sense completely - I'm losing, using signal, but I can't recover position using larger volume when signal increases them - MT doesn't allow that. Therefore I have lower profits than signal gives.

Is there any option, to double the deal in case of different leverages? 

You can increase your leverage to 1:200 and have the same lot size as the signal provider (if you use the same balance, a bit more actually).

MQL5 signal copying system reduces your copying ratio on lower leverage, to protect you from margin problems.

Sergey, I understand the logic of deposit comparison, but not leverage.

If provider has 1:200 and subscriber 1:100, it makes sense to double subscriber's deals. It should work in both directions, shouldn't it?

"You can increase your leverage to 1:200"

My broker doesn't allow that.

It completely makes no sense!!! I would agree if I would have 1:200 and provider - 1:100. In this case - yes, lot size must be reduced, but not vise versa.

Nikolai Ivankin:

Sergey, I understand the logic of deposit comparison, but not leverage.

If provider has 1:200 and subscriber 1:100, it makes sense to double subscriber's deals. It should work in both directions, shouldn't it?

The lot size for subscribers depends on many factors (leverage, and more).
For example - it depends on deposit/withdrawal from trading accounts as well (which provider/subscriber are doing).

You can check Metatrader journal/logs (or MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using this VPS) to understand about lot size and to see how/when it is recalculated for you for example. And check this example (you can place some figures there to calculate lot size):

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...
Reason: