How to Resolve Erroneous FIFO Violation Message on My Trade Copy Signal? - page 2

Paul Anscombe:

if you are talking about the market place then here:

III. Buyers

1. Any user who has enough money in the Payment System can become the Buyer.
  2. The Buyer has no right to resell the purchased Product either through the Market service or in any other way.
  3. Purchasing a Product does not mean buying rights to it. The Product is transferred to the Buyer for personal use only.

That means that it can't be resold or re-produced in any way, not that is not allowed to publish a signal based on that EA.

Most of MQL5 signals are based on Market purchased EAs.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That means that it can't be resold or re-produced in any way, not that is not allowed to publish a signal based on that EA.

Most of MQL5 signals are based on Market purchased EAs.

Reselling the trades from an EA is not Personal Use Only,  no matter how you look at it, that is using something for commercial gain ask any lawyer.

As for most signals based on Market Purchased EAs, that is just nuts if it is allowed by anyone other than the EA seller, and at odds with the Signals Rules that say you cannot publish a signal from another signal, why not if you can sell a signal from an EA from the Market that is only for personal use?

That just undermines the sellers of EA products and frankly the whole market place

Paul Anscombe:

Reselling the trades from an EA is not Personal Use Only,  no matter how you look at it, that is using something for commercial gain ask any lawyer.

As for most signals based on Market Purchased EAs, that is just nuts if it is allowed by anyone other than the EA seller, and at odds with the Signals Rules that say you cannot publish a signal from another signal, why not if you can sell a signal from an EA from the Market that is only for personal use?

That just undermines the sellers of EA products and frankly the whole market place

You say that I buy and EA from the Market, that opens trades based on a standard indicator, I spend months on the tester and finally find a profitable setup after thousands of tests and these results are the intelectual property of the coder?

I don't think so.

I hope someone with more knowledge in this matter, can enlighten us.

Paul Anscombe:

if you are talking about the market place then here:

III. Buyers

1. Any user who has enough money in the Payment System can become the Buyer.
  2. The Buyer has no right to resell the purchased Product either through the Market service or in any other way.
  3. Purchasing a Product does not mean buying rights to it. The Product is transferred to the Buyer for personal use only.

I didn't purchase the EA from the market place.  The creator of the EA has no issues with this EA being used as part of a Trade Copy service.  Also, the EA is just one aspect of my trades.  I also execute manual trades.

Regarding the EA, I did not purchase it on the market place, the seller has no problem with me using it as part of my Trade Copy and it is just one aspect of my overall trading system (i.e. I also make manual trades). 

But can we please stay on topic?  100% of my trades are published here on MQL5.  I continue to contend there are no FIFO violations.  Those of you that are adamant that there must be a violation, please identify a single trade that was a violation in the published results.  (I'm only asking this because the service desk is telling me to resolve on the forum.  I'm going to send a link for this discussion back to the service desk to demonstrate that there are no violations).  Thank you 

Mahmoud Sabet:

Regarding the EA, I did not purchase it on the market place, the seller has no problem with me using it as part of my Trade Copy and it is just one aspect of my overall trading system (i.e. I also make manual trades). 

But can we please stay on topic?  100% of my trades are published here on MQL5.  I continue to contend there are no FIFO violations.  Those of you that are adamant that there must be a violation, please identify a single trade that was a violation in the published results.  (I'm only asking this because the service desk is telling me to resolve on the forum.  I'm going to send a link for this discussion back to the service desk to demonstrate that there are no violations).  Thank you 

Have you checked the status of your account for FIFO by looking up with a simple script:   ACCOUNT_FIFO_CLOSE

If the answer is yes and it is correctly set then:

The error is not received on your account but by potential subscribers to your signal via this site, so somebody must know what happens when a user subscribes to a signal, ie:

1) does check the providers trading (I doubt it)

2) does it check a broker flag on the account (maybe)

3) does it check the subscribers account (maybe but you said the error points the finger at the provider)

I think only Metaquotes know what is checked to ensure compliance anything else is guessing so it would be useful if the moderators could find out maybe?

as an aside are other signal providers using the same broker and working ok?

Open the lot size as follows 1000,1001,1002,1003,etc and you get no violation ...

Paul Anscombe:

Have you checked the status of your account for FIFO by looking up with a simple script:   ACCOUNT_FIFO_CLOSE

If the answer is yes and it is correctly set then:

The error is not received on your account but by potential subscribers to your signal via this site, so somebody must know what happens when a user subscribes to a signal, ie:

1) does check the providers trading (I doubt it)

2) does it check a broker flag on the account (maybe)

3) does it check the subscribers account (maybe but you said the error points the finger at the provider)

I think only Metaquotes know what is checked to ensure compliance anything else is guessing so it would be useful if the moderators could find out maybe?

as an aside are other signal providers using the same broker and working ok?

Hi Paul...thanks for your response.  Do you  now where I can get the script:  ACCOUNT_FIFO_CLOSE?  

I believe the issue is likely either item 2 (a broker flag on the account) or item 3 (subscribers account), because once someone is connected to the trade copy, the subscribers account will receive notifications of FIFO violations from Oanda (if Oanda is their broker), but subscribers who use other brokers (such as Forex.com) have not reported this issue.

My master account is with Forex.com and I never receive notices of violation from them.  But I've seen that some potential subscribers with brokers such as Forex.com cannot start the subscription, and they receive a message that tells them this signal is not FIFO compliant. 

Scopium Crypto Mobster Blackwell:

Open the lot size as follows 1000,1001,1002,1003,etc and you get no violation ...

Hi...yes, now that I know Oanda (and perhaps other brokers) don't want the same lot size for the same pair because of the potential of a violation (because that broker's platform doesn't mandate the same SL/TP/TSL for all positions of the same pair), I am now opening pairs with different lot sizes.  But now I'm getting messages from new subscribers that want to subscribe to my signal, but can't complete the subscription because they get an error notification that reads, "Incompatible trade mode, the signal provider does not work by FIFO rule".  So I'm trying to find a way to eliminate this error message and allow people to subscribe to my signal.  Thanks

Mahmoud Sabet:

Hi Paul...thanks for your response.  Do you  now where I can get the script:  ACCOUNT_FIFO_CLOSE?  

I believe the issue is likely either item 2 (a broker flag on the account) or item 3 (subscribers account), because once someone is connected to the trade copy, the subscribers account will receive notifications of FIFO violations from Oanda (if Oanda is their broker), but subscribers who use other brokers (such as Forex.com) have not reported this issue.

My master account is with Forex.com and I never receive notices of violation from them.  But I've seen that some potential subscribers with brokers such as Forex.com cannot start the subscription, and they receive a message that tells them this signal is not FIFO compliant. 

Can’t do it now but tomorrow I will post a script for you that will check it 
Reason: