MT5 Forward Testing BUG!!!

There is a BUG on MT5 which appears very often. If you wanna make a forward test, the tester stops after half of the time (depending on your settings when you wanna reset your equity). It happens quite often!!! After that forward test does not continue!

I dont know if i am the first who is writing this on the forum, but if not, im wondering why this bug is not removed!!!! 

wienerschinken:

There is a BUG on MT5 which appears very often. If you wanna make a forward test, the tester stops after half of the time (depending on your settings when you wanna reset your equity). It happens quite often!!! After that forward test does not continue!

I dont know if i am the first who is writing this on the forum, but if not, im wondering why this bug is not removed!!!! 

How to reproduce this issue ?

wienerschinken:

Interesting problem. Can you give us more details ? Like some picture or video , etc.

Regards.

Okay so maybe its not a bug, just a misunderstanding but i will show my problem:

my idea is to optimize backtest. And then make the forward test for resetting equity to proof that this settings would be profitable after some time. So at first i will show the backtest. Then the forward test which should reset the equity after half of the time. The used period is between 2012.01.01-30.06.2014

1. Step Backtest see attached files 

Files:
1.png  27 kb
2.png  70 kb

so now the second step with forward test

Now the exact same period and settings and timeframe and pair.
Files:
3.png  95 kb
4.png  46 kb

wienerschinken:
Now the exact same period and settings and timeframe and pair.
Can you provide the tester log for this forward test ?

I was able to reproduce the error with a different EA using the same settings. The forward testing works fine for me after I disabled visualization.

Br,

Pasi

Ok i tried. Without a tick on visualization it works. Thanks for that guys ;)

wienerschinken:
Ok i tried. Without a tick on visualization it works. Thanks for that guys ;)
I don't know if it can be considered as a bug, but I suggest you to write to Service Desk.

All good now. Solution = Switch off visualization mode before forward test.

:) :)

Reason: