Multi-line Text Box MT5

Hi,

I'm looking for an editable multi line text box in MT5 that I can keep notes in on a chart. I gather I cant do this as standard with MT5, but I wondered if someone has a solution/indicator. I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be much appreciated. I assumed (wrongly) that this would be easy.

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

CharterFX:

Hi,

I'm looking for an editable multi line text box in MT5 that I can keep notes in on a chart. I gather I cant do this as standard with MT5, but I wondered if someone has a solution/indicator. I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be much appreciated. I assumed (wrongly) that this would be easy.

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

What capabilities are you looking for ? 

-as in the editors capabilities inside the text box ,other features aside- 

Lorentzos Roussos:

What capabilities are you looking for ? 

-as in the editors capabilities inside the text box ,other features aside- 

Nothing too complicated I guess. But the ability to set the font/size and adjust the colour/bold etc... Also a border to the box. Colour of the background not so important to me. Don't really need scroll bars - just as long as I can rezize the text box. The box should just lock where placed, does not need to follow an event/price on the chart.

G.

CharterFX:

Nothing too complicated I guess. But the ability to set the font/size and adjust the colour/bold etc... Also a border to the box. Colour of the background not so important to me. Don't really need scroll bars - just as long as I can rezize the text box. The box should just lock where placed, does not need to follow an event/price on the chart.

G.

Ow scrollers are no issue ,ive got a multiline display box already ,but i havent modded it for editing ,yet.
So the editor is a box in place that can navigate through notes for the underlying symbol (and maybe even timeframe) ? 

• From your writing i assume there is no need for tethering to price/time on chart 
  • but you would like the ability to navigate to a price+time when a "special" text is clicked inside the notes
  • Any need for images ? 
  • Notes navigation (above the editor) where you can shift througn old notes for the same pair ?
  • Tethering pair notes to timeframes and time/price ,so when you open a note it automatically goes there ? 
  • Is it preferable to control the notes from one chart instead of plugging the notes "app" to the chart you want to read notes for ?
    (That would entail provisions for selection of symbol on top ,notes shifter below and editor underneath , and offcourse changing the symbol as per which notes are viewed)
  • Since its for MT5 ,any need for trigger words that plug indicators directly on the chart when clicked?

I'm also looking for multi line edit box  ...is this thread still active ?

The only solution  I found is https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3004   (EAF-GUI)  but these have  to many features(slow or CPU hungry depends on the angle :) ), and I was wondering if is anything out there simpler  ...ideal would be more compatible with standard library :)

Regards and thank-You

Reason: