Multi-line Text Box MT5

To add comments, please log in or register
CharterFX
CharterFX  

Hi,

I'm looking for an editable multi line text box in MT5 that I can keep notes in on a chart. I gather I cant do this as standard with MT5, but I wondered if someone has a solution/indicator. I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be much appreciated. I assumed (wrongly) that this would be easy.

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

Lorentzos Roussos
Lorentzos Roussos  
CharterFX:

Hi,

I'm looking for an editable multi line text box in MT5 that I can keep notes in on a chart. I gather I cant do this as standard with MT5, but I wondered if someone has a solution/indicator. I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be much appreciated. I assumed (wrongly) that this would be easy.

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

What capabilities are you looking for ? 

-as in the editors capabilities inside the text box ,other features aside- 

CharterFX
CharterFX  
Lorentzos Roussos:

What capabilities are you looking for ? 

-as in the editors capabilities inside the text box ,other features aside- 

Nothing too complicated I guess. But the ability to set the font/size and adjust the colour/bold etc... Also a border to the box. Colour of the background not so important to me. Don't really need scroll bars - just as long as I can rezize the text box. The box should just lock where placed, does not need to follow an event/price on the chart.

G.

Lorentzos Roussos
Lorentzos Roussos  
CharterFX:

Nothing too complicated I guess. But the ability to set the font/size and adjust the colour/bold etc... Also a border to the box. Colour of the background not so important to me. Don't really need scroll bars - just as long as I can rezize the text box. The box should just lock where placed, does not need to follow an event/price on the chart.

G.

Ow scrollers are no issue ,ive got a multiline display box already ,but i havent modded it for editing ,yet.
So the editor is a box in place that can navigate through notes for the underlying symbol (and maybe even timeframe) ? 

• From your writing i assume there is no need for tethering to price/time on chart 
  • but you would like the ability to navigate to a price+time when a "special" text is clicked inside the notes
  • Any need for images ? 
  • Notes navigation (above the editor) where you can shift througn old notes for the same pair ?
  • Tethering pair notes to timeframes and time/price ,so when you open a note it automatically goes there ? 
  • Is it preferable to control the notes from one chart instead of plugging the notes "app" to the chart you want to read notes for ?
    (That would entail provisions for selection of symbol on top ,notes shifter below and editor underneath , and offcourse changing the symbol as per which notes are viewed)
  • Since its for MT5 ,any need for trigger words that plug indicators directly on the chart when clicked?
To add comments, please log in or register