Discussion of article "Timeseries in DoEasy library (part 40): Library-based indicators - updating data in real time"

New article Timeseries in DoEasy library (part 40): Library-based indicators - updating data in real time has been published:

The article considers the development of a simple multi-period indicator based on the DoEasy library. Let's improve the timeseries classes to receive data from any timeframes to display it on the current chart period.

Compile the indicator and launch it on the chart:

As we can see, on М15, the data buffer from М5 shows the М5 bar close prices in one of a third of the current chart candles, which is understandable since a single М15 bar contains three М5 bars, and the М5 bar close price is displayed on М15 bar.

Launch the indicator in the tester with the enabled parameter of displaying the timeseries data on the current chart period:

Author: Artyom Trishkin

H there Artyom,

I noticed that, in this article, you renamed of the files SeriesDE.mqh and TimeSeriesDE.mqh to avoid collisions with the Standard Library (MQL5\Include\Indicators\). I'd like to know if you are very familiar with the Strategy Modules of the Standard Library (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses) and whether it is a good idea to use them in conjunction with your DoEasy library? I am considering to rewrite CExpert, CExpertTrade and any other necessary classes to use your DoEasy code instead of Ctrade from the Standard Library...

Hopefully, this will provide me with a robust and modular EA development framework that is part of MT5 and with DoEasy can be adapted for compatibility with MT4 as well. I understand that this is not a very simple task, but would love to hear your views and recommendation for the best approach?

Thanks, /dima

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules
  • www.mql5.com
This section contains technical details of working with classes for creation and testing of trading strategies and description of the relevant components of the MQL5 standard library.

ddiall :

H there Artyom,

I noticed that, in this article, you renamed of the files  SeriesDE.mqh  and  TimeSeriesDE.mqh to avoid collisions with the Standard Library (MQL5\Include\Indicators\). I'd like to know if you are very familiar with the Strategy Modules of the Standard Library ( https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses ) and whether it is a good idea to use them in conjunction with your DoEasy library? I am considering to rewrite CExpert , CExpertTrade and any other necessary classes to use your DoEasy code instead of Ctrade from the Standard Library...

Hopefully, this will provide me with a robust and modular  EA development framework that is part of MT5 and with DoEasy can be adapted for compatibility  with MT4 as well.  I understand that this is not a very simple task, but would love to hear your views and recommendation for the best  approach?

Thanks, /dima

Hey. I didn't understand this set of classes. You can try to study them and combine them with the library, but later, when the same functionality is implemented in the library, this will be overkill. Either way, trying to figure out a set of classes will be a good experience for you.

Yes, I tend to agree that it looks like overkill combining the two; those Standard Library classes seem overly complicated and particularly tailored for the EA Wizard...

Maybe I will create my own CExpertAdvisor wrapper class around your DoEasy library for my initial needs and keep things simple for now. Can you give me an idea of the upcoming features you plan to implement specifically for EA development, and when you target to release that?

ddiall :

Yes, I tend to agree that it looks like overkill combining the two; those Standard Library classes seem overly complicated and particularly tailored for the EA Wizard...

Maybe I will create my own CExpertAdvisor wrapper class around your DoEasy library for my initial needs and keep things simple for now. Can you give me an idea of the upcoming features you plan to implement specifically for EA development, and when you target to release that?

All the "auxiliary" functionality of the library will be implemented after the creation of all the necessary basic functionality. And at this stage, the basic functionality is being created. It is possible that I will use some of the classes provided in the standard library - if they fit well with the library's concept. That is why I told you about some excess when using these classes when making your own additions to this library.

Reason: