Ocean theory - natural market slope:

Ocean theory - natural market slope

Ocean theory - natural market slope

Author: Mladen Rakic

hi, does this indicator repaint?

Let me (with your permission of course) do a very, very wild guessing game :

• you have downloaded the mq5 source code
  • you can see (and check) the code
  • you have a mt5 terminal up and running and you can run the indicator in real time and back-test
Now, assuming that all the above is correct, a question : what exactly of the above is preventing you from checking it for yourself, instead of positing a question like that and (implicitly, by asking that question) suggesting that it does (repaint)?

Mladen Rakic:

Let me (with your permission of course) do a very, very wild guessing game :

• you have downloaded the mq5 source code
  • you can see (and check) the code
  • you have a mt5 terminal up and running and you can run the indicator in real time and back-test
Now, assuming that all the above is correct, a question : what exactly of the above is preventing you from checking it for yourself, instead of positing a question like that and (implicitly, by asking that question) suggesting that it does (repaint)?
i have indeed done all of that (except for the code, as im not good with programming), and checked for myself on the 1 minute chart, but i'm struggling to tell if the line does actually shift slightly or if it is just my imagination. i thought i would ask the author to get an absolute answer (not to try to undermine the indicator) as i think it is a great indicator, and would like to have peace of mind that the signals i am receiving now are not going to disappear in a few hours. 

nikhil1234567890:
i have indeed done all of that (except for the code, as im not good with programming), and checked for myself on the 1 minute chart, but i'm struggling to tell if the line does actually shift slightly or if it is just my imagination. i thought i would ask the author to get an absolute answer (not to try to undermine the indicator) as i think it is a great indicator, and would like to have peace of mind that the signals i am receiving now are not going to disappear in a few hours. 

Use data window if you not know how to check the code. "Shifting slightly"  is done by the terminal (when it adjusts the display of the data in the window when a new bar is created) - not by the indicator

Mladen Rakic:

Use data window if you not know how to check the code. "Shifting slightly"  is done by the terminal (when it adjusts the display of the data in the window when a new bar is created) - not by the indicator

ok thank you. i am quite new to forex and downloading indicators, so it is all a bit of a learning curve. just out of interest, what would i be looking for in the code to determine if an indicator does repaint?

nikhil1234567890:

ok thank you. i am quite new to forex and downloading indicators, so it is all a bit of a learning curve. just out of interest, what would i be looking for in the code to determine if an indicator does repaint?

Book published my metaquotes regarding all the MQL5 coding stuff https://www.mql5.com/files/pdf/mql5.pdf (a bit shy of 6000 pages)

Hi Mladen .. Thank you for your indicator. I want to use it as an EA but I cannot use it as is. Could you please input the buffers separately ,,, Thank you dear.

Files:
Capture.JPG  33 kb

MyNameWasTaken:

Hi Mladen .. Thank you for your indicator. I want to use it as an EA but I cannot use it as is. Could you please input the buffers separately ,,, Thank you dear.

I see no reason whatsoever why you could not use it from an EA - only one buffer needs to be used via iCustom() 

all the best

Thank you Mladen for your prompt reply. I am not a coder and is using FXdreema to make an EA. In their way of coding blocks, it cannot be used as an indicator because the buffers show as zero. So it means that there is not a way for their condition blocks to know when the indicator shows Buy or Sell. I do not know how to use iCustom, sorry. I know you do a lot of free work and deserve some coffee if you want?

Mladen Rakic:

I see no reason whatsoever why you could not use it from an EA - only one buffer needs to be used via iCustom() 

all the best

Files:
Capture_1.JPG  113 kb
Capture_2.JPG  37 kb
Capture_3.JPG  42 kb

MyNameWasTaken:

Thank you Mladen for your prompt reply. I am not a coder and is using FXdreema to make an EA. In their way of coding blocks, it cannot be used as an indicator because the buffers show as zero. So it means that there is not a way for their condition blocks to know when the indicator shows Buy or Sell. I do not know how to use iCustom, sorry. I know you do a lot of free work and deserve some coffee if you want?

Please - ask the developers of your stuff how to do that - there is nothing that needs to be changed in the indicator code in order to use it from any expert. Nothing at all

Reason: