Product Activations after Windows Update

It's a Bug from MQL that Cost many for Buyers

after each windows update, i should activate my products again!
all products will be deactivated and we should activate again

that means if a product have 5 activations, after 5 major windows updates (like change the build number of windows 10)
i should buy the product again!

MQL Support Team should find a solution for this

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Information about the client terminal can be obtained by two functions: TerminalInfoInteger() and TerminalInfoString(). For parameters, these functions accept values from ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_INTEGER and ENUM_TERMINAL_INFO_STRING respectively. Knowing the parameter value, you can set the size of graphical objects so that they look the same on...

on top of that, after each MT5 update compiled EA/indicators/scripts MUST be recompiled.
What a mess !

Besharat AlZater:

It's a Bug from MQL that Cost many for Buyers

after each windows update, i should activate my products again!
all products will be deactivated and we should activate again

that means if a product have 5 activations, after 5 major windows updates (like change the build number of windows 10)
i should buy the product again!

MQL Support Team should find a solution for this

The activation is lost if the Windows is making the major update, and this update looks like the other Operationa System (the other software).
And, yes, in this case the activation will be lost.
And it is not MQL5 Market bug. It is Misrosoft bug.

Because the activation is per software + hardware.

Sergey Golubev:

The activation is lost if the Windows is making the major update, and this update looks like the other Operationa System (the other software).
And, yes, in this case the activation will be lost.
And it is not MQL5 Market bug. It is Misrosoft bug.

Because the activation is per software + hardware.
as an app developer, they have to find a new way to do their app activation checks. OS major update is something very common happening. cant blame this on MS. as MS has been doing this for a long time. it should be up to the developer to find a new way to overcome this issue.

Budiman Lays:
as an app developer, they have to find a new way to do their app activation checks. OS major update is something very common happening. cant blame this on MS. as MS has been doing this for a long time. it should be up to the developer to find a new way to overcome this issue.
It is completely useless to tell to the big companies about what they should do and what they should not do, because this aggressive talking/behaviour will not help to solve any issue (no one will afrraid for such a talking sorry).

If you are going to buy some product and you are affraid that one activation may be lost in the the next year for example so - do not buy it for Windows 10, or you can skip updated of Windows 10 (I did it), or use Linux, or use MacOS. Or wait when MetaQuotes will add the activations for everybody in one day (it was happened several times).

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 2085: Integration with Python and Strategy Tester improvements 

Added support for "Market", "Signals" and "Search" in Wine. Linux and Mac OS users can now access the largest store of trading applications along with the copy trading service.

about Metatrader 4 build 1210 (and higher) -

Added support for "Market", "Signals" and "Search" in Wine. Linux and Mac OS users can now access the largest store of trading applications along with the copy trading service.

Hello unfortunately I just lost an activation after an automatic update of windows 10 and apparently nothing is done to solve the problem (at least for the moment)

Trader Ninja:
Hello unfortunately I just lost an activation after an automatic update of windows 10 and apparently nothing is done to solve the problem (at least for the moment)

You need to install it again, as Sergey suggested.

Yes, you lose an activation after major windows upgrades, but MQL5.com usually credits 1 extra activation in such updates.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You need to install it again, as Sergey suggested.

Yes, you lose an activation after major windows upgrades, but MQL5.com usually credits 1 extra activation in such update

this is what I am trying to do but I have an error message in the attachment below

Files:
souci_zahui.PNG  292 kb

Trader Ninja:

this is what I am trying to do but I have an error message in the attachment below

You are trying to buy it again, what you need to do is install it again.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/302209#comment_10508780

Eleni Anna Branou :

Vous essayez de l'acheter à nouveau, il vous suffit de l'installer à nouveau.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/302209#comment_10508780

Non non je n'essaye pas de l'acheter. En effet lorsque je me connecte à mon compte, je vois l'indicateur affiché et lorsque je clique sur «Installer», je suis dirigé vers la page dont je vous ai envoyé l'image précédemment
Files:
souci_zahui0.PNG  231 kb
preuve.PNG  195 kb

Trader Ninja:

No no I'm not trying to buy it. Indeed when I connect to my account, I see the indicator displayed and when I click on "Install", I am directed to the page of which I sent you the image previously

Then you have no activations left.

Reason: