MQL5 VPS - page 2

intan08:

Hi Eleni,

Yes I'm using MQL VPS. Attached are screenshots please advise what I should do. 

As I already said and Sergey confirmed, you haven't synchronized anything, so your MQL5 VPS is quite empty and doesn't help you at all at the moment.

Follow these instructions:

MQL5 VPS does not work as a traditional VPS. You can use it in order to upload your MT4/5 trading environment onto a virtual server.

So you need to prepare your charts and EAs (or signal subscription settings), that you want to migrate to the virtual server.

After you uploaded and properly setup your EAs on the appropriate currency pairs charts, you click the Auto Trading button on your local MT4/5 terminal.

Then you right click on the MQL5 VPS details in the Navigator window (for MT4) >> Synchronize experts, indicators (or Synchronize signal only, for a signal subscription) or tick the appropriate Migrate option down below in the VPS tab of your Toolbox window for MT5.

Finally you can check that everything was done perfectly in the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal and see if you've got something like below, indicating that your migration was succesful.

for experts, indicators

Eleni Anna Branou:

As I already said and Sergey confirmed, you haven't synchronized anything, so your MQL5 VPS is quite empty and doesn't help you at all at the moment.

Follow these instructions:

MQL5 VPS does not work as a traditional VPS. You can use it in order to upload your MT4/5 trading environment onto a virtual server.

So you need to prepare your charts and EAs (or signal subscription settings), that you want to migrate to the virtual server.

After you uploaded and properly setup your EAs on the appropriate currency pairs charts, you click the Auto Trading button on your local MT4/5 terminal.

Then you right click on the MQL5 VPS details in the Navigator window (for MT4) >> Synchronize experts, indicators (or Synchronize signal only, for a signal subscription) or tick the appropriate Migrate option down below in the VPS tab of your Toolbox window for MT5.

Finally you can check that everything was done perfectly in the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal and see if you've got something like below, indicating that your migration was succesful.

for experts, indicators

Thank you for the explanation but that's what I've been doing, synchronizing etc. Please see attached, what steps I've missed. It still shows 0 charts no matter how many times I synched. 

Files:
Capture3.PNG  78 kb

intan08:

Thank you for the explanation but that's what I've been doing, synchronizing etc. Please see attached, what steps I've missed. It still shows 0 charts no matter how many times I synched. 

There is no way you are doing that, I want to see your local MT4 trading environment just before your MQL5 VPS synchronization.

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is no way you are doing that, I want to see your local MT4 trading environment just before your MQL5 VPS synchronization.

Attached.

Files:
Capture1.PNG  106 kb

intan08:

Attached.

I don't see the Auto Trading button clicked and your EA attached with the smiling face on the upper right corner of your chart.

Go above and read my instructions, these are meant to be read carefully and not in a hurry.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't see the Auto Trading button clicked and your EA attached with the smiling face on the upper right corner of your chart.

Go above and read my instructions, these are meant to be read carefully and not in a hurry.

I tried everything on and off auto trading, I'm not using EA for my trading. Is there EA I need to install for VPS to work?

intan08:

I tried everything on and off auto trading, I'm not using EA for my trading. Is there EA I need to install for VPS to work?

What are you trying to synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, an indicator or something else?

MQL5 VPS and any VPS is meant to be for moving your trading environment (Expert(s), Indicator(s) or Signal) onto the cloud, the virtual server, in order to be able to trade 24/7 with your computer turned off.

intan08:

MQL5 VPS is mostly for autotrading by the EAs or by using signal subscription.
If you do not plan to use EA on this VPS (and if you do not plan to use signal subscription on VPS) so why are you using it?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5 VPS

Sergey Golubev, 2020.06.12 18:05

You can migrate open charts with EAs attached onto them, and you can migrate signal subscription.

You can check in VPS journal (MQL5 VPS logs) to check any errors and so on.
Besides, if you have already opened chart so you can perform synchronization/migration, and you can see on the logs about the results.
But you did not migrate your environment ...

My suggestion: re-read all the posts from this thread and follow the instructions about how/what to do.
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Eleni Anna Branou:

What are you trying to synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, an indicator or something else?

MQL5 VPS and any VPS is meant to be for moving your trading environment (Expert(s), Indicator(s) or Signal) onto the cloud, the virtual server, in order to be able to trade 24/7 with your computer turned off.

I just need to upload onto cloud my charts and indicators, no EA. And get notifications from one indicator only.

Sergey Golubev:
MQL5 VPS is mostly for autotrading by the EAs or by using signal subscription.
If you do not plan to use EA on this VPS (and if you do not plan to use signal subscription on VPS) so why are you using it?

Besides, if you have already opened chart so you can perform synchronization/migration, and you can see on the logs about the results.
But you did not migrate your environment ...

My suggestion: re-read all the posts from this thread and follow the instructions about how/what to do.
More from VPS Rules -

Charts with non-standard timeframes and symbols are not moved. Charts having no launched Expert Advisors are not moved as well.

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual Hosting Service offers for rent MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 virtual terminals located on Virtual Hosting Cloud network servers.  The Virtual Hosting service is available to registered users of MQL5.com aged 18 and older. Use of Virtual Hosting service means that a User has accepted and agreed to these Rules of using the service. User...
Reason: