EA Market Purchase Problem

Hello,

I'm after some advice please, I recently rented an EA after doing extensive back testing on a demo version.

When I have installed the rented EA on the publicized settings and MT broker, the EA is not working at all and is non responsive. I have also tried the EA on different MT5 platforms and also different brokers with the same effect.

The developer is not responding to my emails about helping me to get it setup and working.

What steps can I take next? Any idea's would be hugely appreciated.

Rob

You may read the rules about next steps: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

But you can try to contact more with the seller.
Because as far as I know -
- if EA can be backtested so this EA works (in general);
- if EA does not work for you, and same EA works for some other people it means the following: EA works.
- and there is one criteria for the service desk and on the forum as well:
no proofs in details = no discussion and no help.
---------------

Thus, according to my experience with different situations: you can try to contact with the selers, and try to fix it by yourself (because if EA work in backtest so it should work on the accounts too).

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...

Sergey Golubev:

You may read the rules about next steps: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

But you can try to contact more with the seller.
Because as far as I know -
- if EA can be backtested so this EA works (in general);
- if EA does not work for you, and same EA works for some other people it means the following: EA works.
- and there is one criteria for the service desk and on the forum as well:
no proofs in details = no discussion and no help.
---------------

Thus, according to my experience with different situations: you can try to contact with the selers, and try to fix it by yourself (because if EA work in backtest so it should work on the accounts too).

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

I have tried making contact with the seller on 2 separate occasions already without any responses.

So I have run a back test on the EA from the date of when it was installed (26th May 2020), and the EA has done over 900 tickets. Logs attached.

The live trading account has done 0 so far, so the evidence certainly shows the EA is not working.

I have also tried this on multiple MT5 platforms and brokers with the same effect, so I think its not an issue with my system(s). As they are all showing the same effect of no activities.

How long should I wait for the seller to make contact before taking the next steps? I'm concerned as the product is rented and time is ticking away....

Many thanks.

Rob

Files:
Logs.txt  869 kb

rgogin:

Hello Sergey,

I have tried making contact with the seller on 2 separate occasions already without any responses.

So I have run a back test on the EA from the date of when it was installed (26th May 2020), and the EA has done over 900 tickets. Logs attached.

The live trading account has done 0 so far, so the evidence certainly shows the EA is not working.

I have also tried this on multiple MT5 platforms and brokers with the same effect, so I think its not an issue with my system(s). As they are all showing the same effect of no activities.

How long should I wait for the seller to make contact before taking the next steps? I'm concerned as the product is rented and time is ticking away....

Many thanks.

Rob

As far as I know - if EA works on backtesting so it should work on real/live account.
Especially if we are talking about MT5, with few exceptions such as - hedging/netting accounts/ECN accounts and may be more.

According to my experience - yes, it may be better to established the contact with the seller.
Because in case of the service desk - the words such as "EA does not work" should be technically proved (post as an example) and totally reproduced,
and if EA does not work for you only so it is not a bug (it means that EA works).

How long should you wait for the seller to reply?
Do not wait. Semd them messages and try to get his reply.
If it will take log time for him to reply (if he does not reply at all for example) so let me know on this thread, and I will ask the service desk to establish the contact with the seller.

Indicator installation problem
Indicator installation problem
  • www.mql5.com
I bought indicator from MQL5 but i could not install on MT4. No installation when I press install...

Sergey Golubev:

As far as I know - if EA works on backtesting so it should work on real/live account.
Especially if we are talking about MT5, with few exceptions such as - hedging/netting accounts/ECN accounts and may be more.

According to my experience - yes, it may be better to established the contact with the seller.
Because in case of the service desk - the words such as "EA does not work" should be technically proved (post as an example) and totally reproduced,
and if EA does not work for you only so it is not a bug (it means that EA works).

How long should you wait for the seller to reply?
Do not wait. Semd them messages and try to get his reply.
If it will take log time for him to reply (if he does not reply at all for example) so let me know on this thread, and I will ask the service desk to establish the contact with the seller.

Hi Sergey, 

Thanks for the reply, I am very keen to get the EA up and working!

I will reach out again and fingers crossed they will respond. The account that the EA has to run on is a hedging account.

Thanks.

Rob

rgogin:

Hello Sergey,

Many thanks.

Rob

I would never buy an EA, if the seller/author doesn't reply in my messages, that means that you will not get any support if something goes wrong.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I would never buy an EA, if the seller/author doesn't reply in my messages, that means that you will not get any support if something goes wrong.

The seller was helpful and responsive during the lead up to our purchase.

But since we bought the product has gone silent...

Perhaps MQL platform should look at protecting its buyers and sellers, something similar to other major online platform services and offer a cooling off period. That way there is a clear expectation on both sides of the fence and will reduce these types of issues. (This is also not my first experience in having bad support from sellers on MQL5).

But this is the world we live in now unfortunately......

Rob

Hello,

A little help please. Last week I purchased a currency RSI Indicator, but can't install it on my MT5.

I have messages back & forth, with seller but no solution. I'm sure I'm only missing one simple/stupid step but what is it.

Here's where I get to; I see my purchase, I open my MT5 (in options) I get the pop up to enter my MQL5 username & password in my MT5 account.

I click on the purchased item, I get a drop down which has a long list but no download capability. 

Simply need to know my missing & next step.

Thanking you in advance,

Jean

JeanDage:

Hello,

A little help please. Last week I purchased a currency RSI Indicator, but can't install it on my MT5.

I have messages back & forth, with seller but no solution. I'm sure I'm only missing one simple/stupid step but what is it.

Here's where I get to; I see my purchase, I open my MT5 (in options) I get the pop up to enter my MQL5 username & password in my MT5 account.

I click on the purchased item, I get a drop down which has a long list but no download capability. 

Simply need to know my missing & next step.

Thanking you in advance,

Jean

..enter your forum login and your forum password in Community tab of Metatrader (your forum login is jeandage), and press OK.

Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931  

How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market/market_buy

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...
Reason: