New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 2470 - page 2

Is auto-completion fixed?

Doerk Hilger :
Is auto-completion fixed?

I didn't see any change, probably for next build (?).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New version of the MetaTrader 5 build 2360 platform: Extending SQLite integration

Alain Verleyen :

Sorry, the translation is not very good. Are you saying intellisense will be improved?

Renat Fatkhullin , 05/20/07 17:26

Yes, cardinally.

Daniel Weckhuyzen:

I have again problems with memory during the optimising process.

The only way to solve it,

The only way to solve it, is to fix your broken code. Why are you allocating all memory? Why is array exceeded?

William Roeder:

The only way to solve it, is to fix your broken code. Why are you allocating all memory? Why is array exceeded?

Hi, it has nothing to do with my code.

The problems are arising after a while during optimisation. When the memory problems arise, I have to restart my PC, than I can continue with optimising. 

In the last months, there have been beta-releases, where I did not see any problems at all.

Alain Verleyen:

I am afraid your steps to reproduce the issue are not enough. I can't reproduce it.

You can attach the crash logs as file here.

I updated again to 2470, but the issue is not re-occuring again. I really have no idead about what the reason for this is / was. Unfortunately also the crash logs vanished.

So then, sorry for wasting your time and thansk for your helpful attitude. I need to find the "close" button now for my thread... ;-)

leonburning:

Hi, there's still a major bug since the release of Build 2450, which unfortunately wasn't addressed in this new update:

Moderator: Linked post moved here as follows

As long as we are talking bugs, could you guys address the OpenChart function NOT working in the debugger??? I lost a few weeks on this thinking it was JUST TOO SIMPLE to mess up. I figured I just had not initialized something first. I dug through the code and documentation but no help. I found out when asking here in the Forum that it doesn't work in the debugger. It works just fine as a compiled EA that you attach to a chart but NOT in the debugger. The guy telling me this seemed to think it was normal. Normal?? And then he asked me why anyone would need to do that anyway. REALLY?

The bottom line is that it just seem really inconsistent to not have some functions working in the debugger. How the hell are you going to debug your program then??? And I would think that opening up another chart using a different time frame (i.e. 5 min, 30 min, 1 hr) would be fundamental to analysis.

For me this version is the only available. My mt5 does not update to another.
All works fine but when I go to upload an indicator on the market I receive error:Please recompile your product with new compiler

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

JRFrogman:

As long as we are talking bugs, could you guys address the OpenChart function NOT working in the debugger??? I lost a few weeks on this thinking it was JUST TOO SIMPLE to mess up. I figured I just had not initialized something first. I dug through the code and documentation but no help. I found out when asking here in the Forum that it doesn't work in the debugger. It works just fine as a compiled EA that you attach to a chart but NOT in the debugger. The guy telling me this seemed to think it was normal. Normal?? And then he asked me why anyone would need to do that anyway. REALLY?

The bottom line is that it just seem really inconsistent to not have some functions working in the debugger. How the hell are you going to debug your program then??? And I would think that opening up another chart using a different time frame (i.e. 5 min, 30 min, 1 hr) would be fundamental to analysis.

Including a handle of your indicator that has those timeframes will open those charts in the  debugger. You can then switch the charts as you would int the terminal.

You could try adding a 'dummy' indicator even if you are not using it to have the timeframes opened for you. Good luck.

edit:

I miss writing to files during certain stages of my optimization. But file functions are not allowed in strategy tester.

How the hell am I supposed to train my neural network and save the progress?

Why has MetaQuotes changed the way historical trades are displayed? You used to be able to see your actual entries not the average:

Files:
Version.jpg  121 kb

Nelson Wanyama:

Including a handle of your indicator that has those timeframes will open those charts in the  debugger. You can then switch the charts as you would int the terminal.

You could try adding a 'dummy' indicator even if you are not using it to have the timeframes opened for you. Good luck.

edit:

I miss writing to files during certain stages of my optimization. But file functions are not allowed in strategy tester.

How the hell am I supposed to train my neural network and save the progress?

Nelson,

Many thanks!!! Yes, I did figure this out while struggling with the CChart class. That is what made me feel stupid because it did work, just not in a logical way you would expect. The documentation is very vague but the classes are very simple. I just figured I was doing something wrong because obviously it was meant to work in this way. Who would have thought it was the debugger?? That just seems like an egregious screw up.

I dug into the code and eventually got down to the ChartOpen function and tried to find all the examples and documentation I could. Nothing!!! That is when I came here to the forum. In most development systems I don't need more than just the documentation.

I see that you have found other problems with other common functions? Are you saying that all the File Functions are useless in the debugger?? If so, that is just a big fat failure on their part. If that is true then these people probably don't have a competent development team. I wonder if they have the same problem with MT4??? That is probably why everyone stays on MT4. I am thinking that these problems, and maybe more, are a direct result of poor or a failed architecture.

I see that you are using neural networks?? That was going to be my next iteration. If I have to drop MT5, I will probably do directly to that. If you look, Google has some great libraries for that. TensorFlow is their NN Library. It will even use GPUs to enhance performance. I use GPUs to speed up my 3D CGI rendering. It cooks!!!! A scene rendered with a CPU that takes 30 to 40 minutes can be done with my GPUs in about 2 minutes. So I can only imagine what it must do for neural networks.

The libraries are in python, I believe. I have only dabbled in python but it looks like a very format sensitive version of C++. Along with TensorFlow, Google also has a library to interface with brokerage sites. All of this is open source and free. There are many YouTube videos and books that document and show examples of how to use their libraries.

Keep in touch. Let me know what you are doing. If you jump ship from MT5, let me know. I may just follow. If you are a good coder, maybe we can collaborate or at least share knowledge on the subject.

Take care and good luck!!!!
Reason: