VPS open orders and new migrations

Hello,

I need some help understanding VPS.

I trade everyday, so I open new positions everyday and monitor the existing ones. All through EAs.

Al the EAs have trailing stops.

With that in mind I am starting to use the VPS service of MQL. I am migrating all my EAs to the VPS. So far the process is easy. 

However, I have notice the following:

I migrate the EAs in day 1 (I do not close the charts, but a do shutdown the PC, that's the whole point of a VPS right!?). Then in day 2 I open MT5, I add new charts and EAs and migrate everyting again. In day 3 I monitor trades that are still open from day 1 and I notice that the EAs are not trailing the stops!

So I have a question here: Everytime I migrate the info form my MT5 terminal to the VPS the EAs that have open positions are replaced? Meaning that the opne positions will be left over without EA?

kmilo20000:

Hello,

I need some help understanding VPS.

I trade everyday, so I open new positions everyday and monitor the existing ones. All through EAs.

Al the EAs have trailing stops.

With that in mind I am starting to use the VPS service of MQL. I am migrating all my EAs to the VPS. So far the process is easy. 

However, I have notice the following:

I migrate the EAs in day 1 (I do not close the charts, but a do shutdown the PC, that's the whole point of a VPS right!?). Then in day 2 I open MT5, I add new charts and EAs and migrate everyting again. In day 3 I monitor trades that are still open from day 1 and I notice that the EAs are not trailing the stops!

So I have a question here: Everytime I migrate the info form my MT5 terminal to the VPS the EAs that have open positions are replaced? Meaning that the opne positions will be left over without EA?

Every time you migrate to your MQL5 VPS, you reset your uploaded settings and charts, so any previous trailing functions are deleted.

My advice is not to migrate new setups with open trades. I usually make my synchronizations over the weekend.

The open positions are on your trading account, and this trading account is the same one: on your home PC with Metatrader, or on VPS with Metatrader (because MQL5 VPS is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud" with same trading account).

So, you are migrating the opened charts with EAs attached.
And your trading account with open positions on your home Metatrader are the same your trading account with same open positions on your "cloud's Metatrader" (MQL5 VPS) - two Metatrader instances with same trading account.

It is very short explanation.

Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartOpen
Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Operations / ChartOpen - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Eleni Anna Branou:

Every time you migrate to your MQL5 VPS, you reset your uploaded settings and charts, so any previous trailing functions are deleted.

My advice is not to migrate new setups with open trades. I usually make my synchronizations over the weekend.

Thank you Eleni for your response.

This is quite dissapointing. I think it is a big flaw of the VPS... 

Is there a way to only migrate the new charts  and EAs?

If not, then I do not see a point of using this VPS service.. And the worst is that I purchased 6 months... :(

Sergey Golubev:

The open positions are on your trading account, and this trading account is the same one: on your home PC with Metatrader, or on VPS with Metatrader (because MQL5 VPS is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud" with same trading account).

So, you are migrating the opened charts with EAs attached.
And your trading account with open positions on your home Metatrader are the same your trading account with same open positions on your "cloud's Metatrader" (MQL5 VPS) - two Metatrader instances with same trading account.

It is very short explanation.

But I do not have a choice! If I c lose the charts and Eas in my terminal and the I migrate the new ones, the charts and EAs closed will be removed and the new ones will be uploaded...

Do you happen to know a way to sort this out?

kmilo20000:

Thank you Eleni for your response.

This is quite dissapointing. I think it is a big flaw of the VPS... 

Is there a way to only migrate the new charts  and EAs?

If not, then I do not see a point of using this VPS service.. And the worst is that I purchased 6 months... :(

There is no way to do that I am afraid.

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is no way to do that I am afraid.

Do you know if I can get a refund?!

this situation is not announced, discribed or explained in anyway in the products description, in the directions not in the terms and conditions and it is in deed a big issue that everyone should be aware of.

kmilo20000:

Do you know if I can get a refund?!

this situation is not announced, discribed or explained in anyway in the products description, in the directions not in the terms and conditions and it is in deed a big issue that everyone should be aware of.

Do you know of any VPS service that you will load new charts and EAs and will keep any previously uploaded along with the new ones?

There is no such option anywhere, so I don't think you can get a refund over such a reason.

You can contact the Service Desk of course and ask for one.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Do you know of any VPS service that you will load new charts and EAs and will keep any previously uploaded along with the new ones?

There is no such option anywhere, so I don't think you can get a refund over such a reason.

You can contact the Service Desk of course and ask for one.

Well. I do not know of one, but the point is about the description not market standards... Well, we'll see... I already contacted Service Desk.

Well. For anyone that has the same problem, this can be sorted out through the EAs code. Just hire someone in the freelance section. Lots of developers have the workaround of it.
Reason: