VPS issue

Hi guys,

i decided to try the MQL VPS, so i decided to take advantage of the 24hour free.

Really easy to install and rent, everything went good till the moment i realised that the ms ping was the same as before.

For the position server of my broker they assign me a VPS in London with a new ping around 2ms but if i double check on the bottom right side i still can see the same ping as before around 26/27ms. why?

In few hours the free time will expire and before to pay i'd like to understand if im wrong on setting it.

Cheers

Sam

Files:
VPS.png  38 kb

Did you check the ping of your Metatrader in your computer?
Because your Metatrader is nothing to do with MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.

MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".
This is the short description about -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

and this is small thread about ping:
There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!

----------------

and this is the general information:

Pros and cons of VPS at mql5.com

MetaQuotes Software Corp. , 2018.11.04 13:15

And this is the information about ping - 

Pros and cons of VPS at mql5.com

MetaQuotes Software Corp. , 2018.11.04 13:59

Enter the name of your broker's trading server to get an estimate of network delays: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps
  • www.mql5.com
hello i Check my Server After My EA work until See fast do my order ( ms ) i show this happend , how that...

Sergey Golubev:

Did you check the ping of your Metatrader in your computer?
Because your Metatrader is nothing to do with MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.

MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".
This is the short description about -

Hi Sergey, 

thanks for your reply, 

how can i ckeck the ping of my MT4 of my computer?

Aytugan Khafizov, 2018.11.04 20:17

This is exactly what's happened.

Ping is a time which take a packed from VPS server reach to Broker's server.

Better ping means better execution.

BUT in addition to ping time, broker need some time to execute your order. ~50 ms is normal execution time for MT4 systems.

If you want more speed - find MT5 brokers, as MT5 has around 1-2 ms internal latency.

Sergey Golubev:

and this is small thread about ping:

----------------

and this is the general information:

And this is the information about ping - 

ok thanks.

Samuele Gozzo:

Hi Sergey, 

thanks for your reply, 

how can i ckeck the ping of my MT4 of my computer?

VPS or your Metatrader in your computer?
In VPS - check VPS journal (read this thread: There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!)
or if you are on Metatrader 5 so check VPS tab.

Issue with delays between MT5 and broker server

Sergey Golubev, 2020.04.08 16:51

And you can read this thread ( VPS comparison test. Testresults still show 20-30msec missing) where the user made a technical comparison test related to Metatrader to the broker's server using his home computers, 3rd party VPS and MQL5 VPS (and there is no any delay as you described on your first post sorry).

-----------------

It is all that I found.
I do not have MQL5 VPS now so I can not check by myself sorry (I hope - someone will reply with more exact answer).

• www.mql5.com
hello i Check my Server After My EA work until See fast do my order ( ms ) i show this happend , how that...
Reason: