Changing lot size for a signal - page 2

So..., if many traders have the same problems like i have why does the mql5 doesnt change this rule of blocking the risk amount that a tradrer want to take?
they should change the parameter in the tools--option--trade--size by default and let the plattform users to decide for them selfs what is the risk they want to take and to let them trade the way they feels like.

Saar Shved:
So..., if many traders have the same problems like i have why does the mql5 doesnt change this rule of blocking the risk amount that a tradrer want to take?
they should change the parameter in the tools--option--trade--size by default and let the plattform users to decide for them selfs what is the risk they want to take and to let them trade the way they feels like.

Why don't you increase your leverage, if you are prepared to take the risk?

MQL5 does not change its rules, because many subscribers would destroy their accounts on increased risk.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Why don't you increase your leverage, if you are prepared to take the risk?

MQL5 does not change its rules, because many subscribers would destroy their accounts on increased risk.

He doesnt know how to change the leverage, and nobody is explaining to him how to change the leverage. 

Hello, I want to ask what settings I need to do to have exactly the same lot size from the SIGNAL provider account? 

henry1974a:
Hello, I want to ask what settings I need to do to have exactly the same lot size from the SIGNAL provider account? 

The same or higher leverage and a bit higher balance, since you can use up to 95% of it.

Hello all - I have the same problem as the OP. I have maxed the leverage to 500:1 and changed my percent of account to 95% but the size is still so small. The signal provider I'm using has an account size of less than $1000 and my account is currently $5000 so a like-for-like matching of size is insignifcant to me. 

Is there a solution to increasing size. Many other copy trading platforms (i.e. SignalStart) allow you to do this via a Multiplier so that the size is directly proportional to your account size.

I'm new to MQL5 but this is a showstopper for me because most of the signal providers are trading in micro accounts.

I look forward to any help you can provide.

dubaitrader:

Hello all - I have the same problem as the OP. I have maxed the leverage to 500:1 and changed my percent of account to 95% but the size is still so small. The signal provider I'm using has an account size of less than $1000 and my account is currently $5000 so a like-for-like matching of size is insignifcant to me. 

Is there a solution to increasing size. Many other copy trading platforms (i.e. SignalStart) allow you to do this via a Multiplier so that the size is directly proportional to your account size.

I'm new to MQL5 but this is a showstopper for me because most of the signal providers are trading in micro accounts.

I look forward to any help you can provide.

There is no any lot multiplier in this Signal system.

The lot size depends on the your balance and signal provider's balance, and depends on your leverage and signal provider's leverage.
There is one small thread with the example where you/we can check lot size before and after subscribing:

How to change the volume/lot size
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714 

Also - read first post of this thread

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
especially about rounding:
What rounding scheme is used for Provider's and Subscriber's percentage ratio of deals volume?
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Hey there,

isnt it better to ajust this system?

I rather use double lot size and put less into my account because there is always a risk that the provider blows my account or has 50% drawdown even tho he never had so much drawdown before.

So I have rather...lets say 500 in my account with double risk than 1000 with normal risk because if something goes wrong I only loose 500.

When I use the 1000 and protect my capital in the settings with "using only 50% of the deposit" the lot size will be cut in half again.

You know what I mean? I want to let 500 be traded like 1000 so that I am sure that the other 500 are protected because they are not in the account ;D

At the moment I am testing a signal provider but with my account balance of 1000 "we" make 1,2,3 sometimes more dollars per trade.....but if something goes wrong, some unexpected news or something.....I risk 1000$ for 1, 2, 3$ winning trades or 2000$ for 2, 4, 6$ wins.

Thaaaatt is absurde. Yeah well, drawdown is also very low....but you get the point.

And we all know that signal provers always can be up for a nice surprise ;P

In the end the rule was ment to protect capital but in reality there is more risk.

mmiller19:

Hey there,

isnt it better to ajust this system?

I rather use double lot size and put less into my account because there is always a risk that the provider blows my account or has 50% drawdown even tho he never had so much drawdown before.

So I have rather...lets say 500 in my account with double risk than 1000 with normal risk because if something goes wrong I only loose 500.

When I use the 1000 and protect my capital in the settings with "using only 50% of the deposit" the lot size will be cut in half again.

You know what I mean? I want to let 500 be traded like 1000 so that I am sure that the other 500 are protected because they are not in the account ;D

At the moment I am testing a signal provider but with my account balance of 1000 "we" make 1,2,3 sometimes more dollars per trade.....but if something goes wrong, some unexpected news or something.....I risk 1000$ for 1, 2, 3$ winning trades or 2000$ for 2, 4, 6$ wins.

Thaaaatt is absurde. Yeah well, drawdown is also very low....but you get the point.

And we all know that signal provers always can be up for a nice surprise ;P

In the end the rule was ment to protect capital but in reality there is more risk.

So instead of put $1000 at 50%, put $500 with 95% participation rate and you will be OK, keeping the other half of your money out for safety.

MQL5.com does not offer lot size multipliers as other platforms do.

Eleni Anna Branou:

So instead of put $1000 at 50%, put $500 with 95% participation rate and you will be OK, keeping the other half of your money out for safety.

MQL5.com does not offer lot size multipliers as other platforms 

Yeah, I thought there might be some missunderstanding.

Putting 500$ with 200% would be the idea about what I said......

Is there any contact mql5 signal programmer contact I can send that to?

That might be worth a deep thought tho.....

Reason: