Reason of EA affect each other - page 2

Keith Watford:

What is money management?

It is a term that gets bandied around a lot but it means different things to different people.

Risk management however, I believe is universally accepted to be limiting your loss per trade. Usually by calculation of the lot size according to the stop loss.

Thnk you, Keith. 

HAMED EHTEMAM:

In my experience its better to run each EA on separate accounts and enable MM of your EA. The result is much better than using small fixed size. instead of reducing the risk of MM just use smaller account size.

If you want to run 2 or more EA on one account its better to use EAs with similar DD correlation. It means when one EA is in DD other EA should be in DD too. It seems incorrect at first but in this way your DD will be greater and also your profit will be better. But if one EA is wining and other EA is losing at the end your profit will be much smaller than running any of this EA alone. That's because when one EA is wining the other EA will lose bigger lot size than it normally would loose without the profit of other EA. and the wining EA can't compound the profit it gains for next trade.

>>It seems incorrect at first but in this way your DD will be greater and also your profit will be better. But if one EA is wining and other EA is losing at the end your profit will be much smaller than running any of this EA alone. That's because when one EA is wining the other EA will lose bigger lot size than it normally would loose without the profit of other EA. and the wining EA can't compound the profit it gains for next trade.

Dear Hamed. Your advice is cool! Do you have any other advice about running EA? 

Sky L:

>>It seems incorrect at first but in this way your DD will be greater and also your profit will be better. But if one EA is wining and other EA is losing at the end your profit will be much smaller than running any of this EA alone. That's because when one EA is wining the other EA will lose bigger lot size than it normally would loose without the profit of other EA. and the wining EA can't compound the profit it gains for next trade.

Dear Hamed. Your advice is cool! Do you have any other advice about running EA? 

Someone mentioned risk management so I would add: if you dont know what the ea is doing, and why its doing it, dont use it. A black box system is the definition of poor risk managment.

The best form of risk managment imo is "learn to trade."

Proffessional coders made them own ea's carrefully so any ea not affected others. Not only opening order but also trailing, take profit, stop loss.
But it doesnt mean all eas coded proffesionally. 
So you need to be carrefully using multiple eas on same platform. 

el_looto:

Someone mentioned risk management so I would add: if you dont know what the ea is doing, and why its doing it, dont use it. A black box system is the definition of poor risk managment.

Thank you, el. 

I have been heard of this sentence and I totally agree with you! 

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz:
Proffessional coders made them own ea's carrefully so any ea not affected others. Not only opening order but also trailing, take profit, stop loss.
But it doesnt mean all eas coded proffesionally. 
So you need to be carrefully using multiple eas on same platform. 

Thank you, Ahmet. 

el_looto:

>>if you dont know what the ea is doing, and why its doing it, dont use it. 

How do you communicate with providers to know how the ea works. I used to ask how will it calculate the maximum lot, but I didn't ask about indicator used in EA. Do you mean users should ask about the indicator used in EA? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Sky L:

>>if you dont know what the ea is doing, and why its doing it, dont use it. 

How do you communicate with providers to know how the ea works. I used to ask how will it calculate the maximum lot, but I didn't ask about indicator used in EA. Do you mean users should ask about the indicator used in EA? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

If you dont know, at least roughly, what the trade logic is, how will you know if its behaving correctly? If it has a series of losing trades, will you know why?

Not all ea use indicators, and some use custom built indicators.

Some eas do not function as advertised at all; I disassembled one a long time ago that claimed it used 7 indicators. It used 2. Badly. And had the nerve to try and charge over $100.

You should ask" how does it work?" and not "how do I use it?"

When it comes to EA's for sale, ask yourself "If it works as advertised, making a bunch of pips, why would they sell it?"

el_looto:

If you dont know, at least roughly, what the trade logic is, how will you know if its behaving correctly? If it has a series of losing trades, will you know why?

Not all ea use indicators, and some use custom built indicators.

Some eas do not function as advertised at all; I disassembled one a long time ago that claimed it used 7 indicators. It used 2. Badly. And had the nerve to try and charge over $100.

You should ask" how does it work?" and not "how do I use it?"

When it comes to EA's for sale, ask yourself "If it works as advertised, making a bunch of pips, why would they sell it?"

Thank you, el. Please be my instructor. 

Reason: