Market sales and asking for reviews.

If this post convenes any MQL regulations I will delete the post.

When you sell a product on the market place there is no confirmation of the actual buyer by name, this being the case we cannot see if the product is working for them or understand it's functions, only if they ask for help or post a comment, many may feel asking questions could be embarrassing so become silent, we want our products to beneficial to their trading and maximise their purchase, is their any other option to reach out.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
  • www.mql5.com
//| Expert initialization function                                   | //| Expert deinitialization function                                 | //| Expert tick function                                             | //| test1                                                            |...

Rob Cain:

If this post convenes any MQL regulations I will delete the post.

When you sell a product on the market place there is no confirmation of the actual buyer by name, this being the case we cannot see if the product is working for them or understand it's functions, only if they ask for help or post a comment, many may feel asking questions could be embarrassing so become silent, we want are products to beneficial to their trading and maximise their purchase, is their any other option to reach out.

Yes, there are no personal info as to the buyers of any product in the Market, but this is an interesting and useful proposal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, there are no personal info as to the buyers of any product in the Market, but this is an interesting and useful proposal.

Hello Elani, thank you for replying, I have seen a well known indicator in the market offering an exchange for a review, is this breaching any rules of MQL? if not, are we allowed to give away to obtain such feedback. 

Rob Cain:

Hello Elani, thank you for replying, I have seen a well known indicator in the market offering an exchange for a review, is this breaching any rules of MQL? if not, are we allowed to give away to obtain such feedback. 

This is a common practice from some sellers, I don't know if its within the rules, but it sure sounds unethical to me.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This is a common practice from some seller, I don't know if its within the rules, but it sure sounds unethical to me.

it would be in our interest to know what the rules says about this...if you don't know who does?

why is this interesting to know..well you can have a crap Product that don't work at all and offer a load of other stuff in exchange for a review and that is not how things should work!

like saying, hey if you leave a review i'll give you 5 indicators and a Porsche for free...well you get it i hope

Kenneth Parling:

it would be in our interest to know what the rules says about this...if you don't know who does?

why is this interesting to know..well you can have a crap Product that don't work at all and offer a load of other stuff in exchange for a review and that is not how things should work!

like saying, hey if you leave a review i'll give you 5 indicators and a Porsche for free...well you get it i hope

Kenneth, looking forward to to leaving a review for you, LOL, yeah your spot on, suppose it's been going on enough and MQL have overlooked or a bling eye, all said, MQL are taking their cut so it's a tricky one, not a one to be envious but keeping with the topic in hand, It works in a negative way if there is no feedback from buyers, also there is no numbers other than demo downloads, the expectant is the demo could be a reflection of purchases, no demo's no purchases= poor product. 

Rob Cain:

Kenneth, looking forward to to leaving a review for you, LOL, yeah your spot on, suppose it's been going on enough and MQL have overlooked or a bling eye, all said, MQL are taking their cut so it's a tricky one, not a one to be envious but keeping with the topic in hand, It works in a negative way if there is no feedback from buyers, also there is no numbers other than demo downloads, the expectant is the demo could be a reflection of purchases, no demo's no purchases= poor product. 

:-P

Rob Cain:

Unfortunately it's a very common practice (and there is even worst I will come back to it). A great part of some of the top sellers reviews are purchased.

To my knowledge there is nothing about that in the rules. But I think it's in the best interested of all honest sellers AND Metaquotes to do something about that.Not sure what, but we could think together and make some proposals.

A user reported me yesterday even worst practice than just giving something in exchange of a review : In summary, he bought a product on mql5.com Market, he was not happy with it, so he asked the seller if he can get a refund. The answer was : "Yes you can get a refund if you provide a 5-stars review to our product". I have the evidence to prove it.

An other complaint.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Fake reviews in the market MQL5

Don Calito, 2020.04.15 11:34

I noticed a lot of EA products in the market which are listed in the front page , all have exactly the same thing in common : Fake reviews

After investigation , those developers are telling people that in exchange for a positive review they will get a free EA or free indicator. So suddenly a product that is actually bad or mediocre has a large amount of positive fake reviews. Another scenario group of people working together just leave positive reviews on the product.

Fake reviews are a HUGE problem for this platform , Consumers tend to trust the voice of the masses. That’s why some people overlook a few bad reviews (even recent ones) when the majority are overwhelmingly positive, and vice versa and it has a huge impact on purchase decisions.

Why does mql5 not employ a stronger kind of mechanism for catching these fake reviews? More than 50% of the product sold on this site contains several fake reviews. How about a clean up?

Reason: