Showing results tab in strategy tester without visualization

When I run a backtest, I don't want to use the visualization mode, since it gets the tester very very slow.

When doing so, there is no Results tab.

How can I see the results of each trade while the tester is running? or after stopping it before ending?

sam123:

When I run a backtest, I don't want to use the visualization mode, since it gets the tester very very slow.

When doing so, there is no Results tab.

How can I see the results of each trade while the tester is running? or after stopping it before ending?

You can't, it's only visible at the end of the test.

How come?

What is the logic for that?

I start to run a backtest, and I can't know if trades are opened until the end?

Only in visual mode that makes it very slow?

Why? 

Actually, you can print each time the EA open new orders.
Like this:

Like this:

int error;
bool result;
... any of your code here ....
result=OrderSend(_Symbol,OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slipages,StopLoss,TakeProfit,Your_comment,MagicNumber,0,clrBlue);
error=GetLastError();
if (error == 0 && result == true)
   {
      Print ("----- EA has Opened New BUY ORDER", _Symbol, "- OK");
   }

And during the EA process works, you can watch the process on the Journal tab and Results tab.

3rjfx:
Like this:

Like this:

int error;
bool result;
... any of your code here ....
result=OrderSend(_Symbol,OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slipages,StopLoss,TakeProfit,Your_comment,MagicNumber,0,clrBlue);
error=GetLastError();
if (error == 0 && result == true)
   {
      Print ("----- EA has Opened New BUY ORDER", _Symbol, "- OK");
   }

And during the EA process works, you can watch the process on the Journal tab and Results tab.

No you can't. Results tab is not displayed and Journal tab isn't updated in a way you can follow it.

You can do that only in Visual mode.

Alain Verleyen:

No you can't. Results tab is not displayed and Journal tab isn't updated in a way you can follow it.

You can do that only in Visual mode.

Alain

Are you aware of any solution to a problem I have.   

I want to back test an EA in MT4 (visual) but drop an indicator into the back test chart - that is used to display account balance / margin etc.   If I drop a MQL indicator ( ie MA) that does display, but I’m not sure if my account info indicator can read account data during a back test?     Any help is greatly appreciated 

I know this all works perfectly in MT5, but my trading EA is only MT4 

Thank you 

Susan Anne Thompson: Are you aware of any solution to a problem I have.   

I want to back test an EA in MT4 (visual) but drop an indicator into the back test chart - that is used to display account balance / margin etc.   If I drop a MQL indicator ( ie MA) that does display, but I’m not sure if my account info indicator can read account data during a back test?     Any help is greatly appreciated 

I know this all works perfectly in MT5, but my trading EA is only MT4 

The original post is about MT5, not MT4 and its about running without Visual Mode. In your case it is about MT4 and Visual Mode enabled, so the original problem does not apply!

If you are unsure about your indicator collecting the correct information during a backtest, then just test it and see for yourself! Run an EA backtest in Visual Mode, but pause it and add the indicator to the test chart and then resume and watch what information is displayed by the indicator.

Alternatively, just create a chart template, which includes your indicator already attached and save it under the same name as your EA file and it will be loaded automatically when you run the backtest it in Visual Mode.

EDIT: You can also backtest the Indicator by itself in "Indicator Test Mode" instead of attaching an Indicator to the chart of an EA test.

Reason: