Does anybody know how to do this?

Here is what I'm trying to code:

I have a chart with an RSI attached to it. Then I drag and drop a MA into the RSI window and choose apply to "previous indicator's data". Now my moving average is using the RSI values for it's calculations.

I can't figure out how to code this into an EA. The Applied_Price values in mq4 don't have the option to choose "previous indicator's data" for the moving average.

Basically trying to get the current moving average of the current RSI.

If you know what I'm trying to do and may have a solution I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Wolfe

Hello Wolfe long time no see.

You have to use the iMAOnArray function for it to work.

elitecamper:
Hello Wolfe long time no see. You have to use the iMAOnArray function for it to work.

Thanks for response Elitecamper. I thought that's probably what had to be used. If you have time could you show an example? I can't seem to get this to work.

here is an example i found in my indi folder.

Files:
ma_of_rsi.mq4  3 kb

elitecamper:
here is an example i found in my indi folder.

Thank you Elitecamper! That is just what I was looking for.

Now we'll see if my ideas are worth anything!

Speed up?

I took the indicator from post #4 and changed a few things for testing. I didn't change how the indicator functions. My question is does anybody know how to change this indicator so that it doesn't slow down the processor so much? Back testing takes forever!

Have a look.

Files:
2ma_rsi.mq4  3 kb

wolfe:
I took the indicator from post #4 and changed a few things for testing. I didn't change how the indicator functions. My question is does anybody know how to change this indicator so that it doesn't slow down the processor so much? Back testing takes forever! Have a look.

Shouldn't the limit be set by:

int limit = Bars - IndicatorCounted() - 1;

because there's not really any need to recompute the past values, is there?

ralph.ronnquist:
Shouldn't the limit be set by:
int limit = Bars - IndicatorCounted() - 1;
because there's not really any need to recompute the past values, is there?

Thank you Ralph! That did the trick. Sometimes it stares you in the face and you just can't get it.

Thanks again,

Wolfe

Reason: