backtest results trade history on chart...

Is there a method to chart backtest results (the trades that occurred during the backtest) without using visual mode? If so, how do I do this?

Visual mode can often sometimes take a very long time to run with tick data backtesting. The non-visual mode backtest runs much faster, but I cannot see where the trades are placed.

In a regular demo/live terminal account history, I can hold SHIFT button and drag a trade on a chart and all of the trades for that pair will be placed on the chart. I don't see why something similar couldn't be achieved with the strategy tester.

What does happen if you click the button "Open chart" in the Setup pane of the Strategy tester?

4evermaat:

Is there a method to chart backtest results (the trades that occurred during the backtest) without using visual mode? If so, how do I do this?

Look in the MT4 market.

4evermaat: Is there a method to chart backtest results (the trades that occurred during the backtest) without using visual mode? If so, how do I do this?
Start visual mode, enter a date near end of test, press Skip to

Ovo:
What does happen if you click the button "Open chart" in the Setup pane of the Strategy tester?

After running a non-visual backtest and it completes, I clicked on "Open Chart" and only the input parameters are shown in upper-left corner. No trades from backtest on the chart.

Now that could be affected if at the end of the backtest, the EA auto-deletes all chart objects whenever it is de-initialized. I plan to get this fixed in the next release.

RaptorUK:
Look in the MT4 market.

I did. Did you have a particular script or utility in mind?
WHRoeder:

this could be somewhat erroneous due to how the EA works. APAMI indicator is calculated tick by tick to measure price distances. Simultaneously, grid trades can also swing from a previous entry. So when I start the EA on a certain day and at a certain time, it would temporarily have slightly different results for a few cycles of grids as the starting price was different. It would eventually even itself out, but I usually have ti give it 1-3 days prior.

I was hoping to preserve the original start date and then just view the trades after the fact.

Maybe I am wrong on this though, but that is what it looked like; the 'start from' visual mode tool would disregard data before the 'start from' date.

4evermaat:

Now that could be affected if at the end of the backtest, the EA auto-deletes all chart objects whenever it is de-initialized. I plan to get this fixed in the next release.

I think this is the easiest solution.

whroeder1:

Actually this was the answer.  And you pick a date 'after' the end of test so that it will run the entire test "non-visually".  You start the test in visual mode and after it starts, immediately press 'skip

to'.  Make sure you don't have it paused.  It runs faster in non-visual mode.