Account disapeared after update

Hi,

I recently opened Metatrader to find my demo account has disappeared after an update. In the journal it says something about "deleted due to old version". I can't remember if my demo account had a password or not but I don't have it and trying to login to Metaquotes-Demo with no password does not work. Please help, Thankyou!

indigo79:

Hi,

I recently opened Metatrader to find my demo account has disappeared after an update. In the journal it says something about "deleted due to old version". I can't remember if my demo account had a password or not but I don't have it and trying to login to Metaquotes-Demo with no password does not work. Please help, Thankyou!

Demo accounts often expire, open a new one.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Demo accounts often expire, open a new one.

Well it was open a week and it's the account that you get when Metatrader is installed. Before I had it running a few months. What should I do if I don't know the password?

indigo79: What should I do if I don't know the password?

They are demo accounts. What part of "open a new one" was unclear?

William Roeder:

They are demo accounts. What part of "open a new one" is unclear?

1. I want to continue running that account with all the equity I had accrued and open trades.
2. I want to understand and resolve this issue of the account disappearing in Metatrader as I don't want it happening again randomly with another demo account.

I had this recently. My desktop crashed during MT5 login (faulty Ram) and probably corrupted the configuration. Errors were like yours and no more login. So I replaced Config/accounts.dat and Config/servers.dat with copies from a backup to fix it.
Reason: