New MetaTrader 5 platform build 2170: MQL5 scope, global Strategy Tester and built-in Virtual Hosting updates - page 2

rpcastro1979:

Hi, after this build my code is not compiling anymore.

I am getting erros on the usage on enumeration, it is not recognizing an include of a custom enumeration.

Example:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//|   ClassA                                                      |

class ClassA

{

private:

public: 

enum ENUM_TEST {TESTA,TESTB}; // List of structure type

void              ClassA(void){};

void             ~ClassA(void){};           // Destructor

};

//|   ClassB                                                         |

#include <ClassA.mqh>

class ClassB

{

private:

ENUM_TEST            test;               // Default category

public:

void              ClassB(void) {};

void             ~ClassB(void) {};          // Destructor

};

Compilation ERROR:

'ENUM_TEST' - unexpected token, probably type is missing? ClassB.mqh 8 4

You need to move the enum declaration out of the class.

rpcastro1979:

Hi, after this build my code is not compiling anymore.

I am getting erros on the usage on enumeration, it is not recognizing an include of a custom enumeration.

You should use 'ClassA::ENUM_TEST' instead of 'ENUM_TEST'

Ilyas:

You should use 'ClassA::ENUM_TEST' instead of 'ENUM_TEST'

Thank you very much guys.

I'm experimenting an abnormal behavior, after MT5 build 2170, compiling files outside MQL5 directory:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/324065

Can somebody help me? @Alain Verleyen? :))

Abnormal behavior, after MT5 build 2170, compiling files outside MQL5 directory.
Abnormal behavior, after MT5 build 2170, compiling files outside MQL5 directory.
  • www.mql5.com
Dear, Before MT5 build 2170 I compiled files outside MQL5 directory normally, then I was doing my develop work in a external directory as my git r...

bug report:

When the optimization results 3D image is rotated to the other side, the numerical axes appear in the wrong order.

Files:
1.png  141 kb
2.png  176 kb

Sorting test results by pass number is a very useful feature, especially in "slow complete algorithm" optimization mode.

Any possibility to restore it in future version?

Otherwise, I will have to export test results into third-party data analysis software to see the full picture of the evolution of correlation.

Thank you.

When loading a test result, the Tester should first determine whether the corresponding test result chart has already been opened.

If so, go to this chart.

If not, open a new chart.

Opening a new chart tab every time test results are loaded can cause unnecessary resource consumption.

Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Strategy Tester allows you to test and optimize trading strategies (Expert Advisors) before using them for live trading. During testing, an Expert Advisor with initial parameters is once run on history data. During optimization, a trading strategy is run several times with different sets of parameters which allows selecting the most...

Good Day 

I HAVE SENT THIS MESSAGE TO SERVICE DESK LAST WEEK AND NO RESPONSE.

MQL5 YOUR RESPONSE IS EXTREMELY HORRIFIC AND TERRIBLE SINCE THE UPDATE ON THE LAST WEEK WE HAVE HAD THIS VPS ISSUE AND NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER - IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

PLEASE SEE THE MESSAGE AN ERROR BELOW AND PLEASE CAN SOMEONE AT MQL5 RESPOND TO THE SOLUTION

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND IRATE!!!

I am having a technical error with my VPS

When I double click on my server host in London it should usually bring up a window for me to Start or Stop the VPS.  But When I click on it now i get script error (see image attached).  This has not happen before.  Has it got something to do with the MT5 update that just occurred?

Please treat as URGENT as I need to know if my VPS is working and also need to place trades.

A prompt response would most certainly be much appreciated.

Thank You 

Files:

LynMinnaar:

Good Day 

I HAVE SENT THIS MESSAGE TO SERVICE DESK LAST WEEK AND NO RESPONSE.

MQL5 YOUR RESPONSE IS EXTREMELY HORRIFIC AND TERRIBLE SINCE THE UPDATE ON THE LAST WEEK WE HAVE HAD THIS VPS ISSUE AND NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER - IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

PLEASE SEE THE MESSAGE AN ERROR BELOW AND PLEASE CAN SOMEONE AT MQL5 RESPOND TO THE SOLUTION

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND IRATE!!!

I am having a technical error with my VPS

When I double click on my server host in London it should usually bring up a window for me to Start or Stop the VPS.  But When I click on it now i get script error (see image attached).  This has not happen before.  Has it got something to do with the MT5 update that just occurred?

Please treat as URGENT as I need to know if my VPS is working and also need to place trades.

A prompt response would most certainly be much appreciated.

Thank You 

Is it about Metatrader 4?
Many users had this error, and it was already discussed on the forum.
This is the error of computer. Besides, it is most likely indicated that you do not have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer.
And make sure that you are using the latest build of MT4 or MT5.

----------------

Yes, I had this error too.
And I fixed it on the following way:

Having problems with the basic StringReplace() function on this build. How to deal with?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/324471

StringReplace() deprecated?? [warning 91: deprecated behavior, hidden method calling will be disabled in a future MQL compiler version]
StringReplace() deprecated?? [warning 91: deprecated behavior, hidden method calling will be disabled in a future MQL compiler version]
  • www.mql5.com
The current compiler build 2170 of Metatrader 5 is acusing All my StringReplace() on MQ5 code as deprecated...
Reason: