VPS changing hardware, EA needs reactivation

My vps is transfering to a new server node. Once it's donei will have to reactivate my purchased EA activation which I will lose 1 activation again. Can you give me back 1 activation, just like last time?

Which VPS?
MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5?
I think - not ...
You are talking about some external VPS ...

If it is related to external VPS so you lost one activation because of some external VPS, right Because of some other company did something?
If yes so - I do not think you will get additional activation just because some other company changed hardware.

Use MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5, and you will not need any activation (because the activation is migrating to MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 together with your EA with no any activation spending).

it's CNS vps and external VPS, they upgraded and gave me a new server from 2008 to 2012. so I have to re-activate the ea i have bought again which took me 1 activation.

Whats the point having activation if users can have them back once spent.....if it's spent that's it - if all spent simply purchase a new product license! 

There's a difference between spending it for use and need to spend it because of a technical issue with the same VPS. And you are an EA seller, for sure you will say " if all spent simply purchase a new product license!"

Last time I had a problem, my pc updated and i need to use an extra activation on the same pc, they gave me back 1 activation. I hope that in this unique situation they would do the same.

Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5
Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The productivity index measures the output produced for each hour of labor worked. This indicator is useful for predicting inflation and output growth. If the cost of labor increases respective to the increase of productivity, and, moreover, if the increase in production costs is unlikely, then it will not cause inflation. It has a significant...

Quang Loc Nguyen:

There's a difference between spending it for use and need to spend it because of a technical issue with the same VPS. And you are an EA seller, for sure you will say " if all spent simply purchase a new product license!"

Last time I had a problem, my pc updated and i need to use an extra activation on the same pc, they gave me back 1 activation. I hope that in this unique situation they would do the same.

It's unacceptable anyway and yes i'm a seller! As you are using external vps and not a MQL5 vps your activation should be spent without questions! 

i refer to what Sergey wrote above

Which VPS?
MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5?
I think - not ...
You are talking about some external VPS ... 

If it is related to external VPS so you lost one activation because of some external VPS, right Because of some other company did something? 
If yes so - I do not think you will get additional activation just because some other company changed hardware.

Use MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5, and you will not need any activation (because the activation is migrating to  MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 together with your EA with no any activation spending).

It's similar to buying new tires for the car - On the road you drive, a road work with obstacles is emerging which you have to panic brake. You go back to the tire store and say - Hey guys,can I get new tires because there was some wear and tear on them because I had to panic brake before a road work that turned up.

- Na i don't think they hand you a set of new tires....

Yes they did send out extra activation with the windows update but that is not the same as a change in hardware.

It's not an unique situation it is how the licence system is supposed to work!

Next thing we will get hey i bought a new computer can i have an extra licence ? 

The answer is no.

It's called warranty for tires.

That's for a different machine, that i understand. But in this case it's on the same one, they just upgraded the server nodes. If it's a no then i must say there is a huge flaw in the license system.

Quang Loc Nguyen:

It's called warranty for tires.

Not in case of a tire swap.

Have you tried it ? 

If it is on the same machine it could just work.

I don't think there is any flaw in the licencing system.

But we do see a lot of people that want to bypass it, or want new activation's.

Ok, if you say so. Thank you for the information.
Reason: