Setting up VPS with MT5

Help....

Into my 3rd day now I've been trying to get a VPS setup though my Broker. 12 emails and 14 calls, 3 team viewer sessions, and I still don't have a VPS that I believe is connected to my MT5.

I'm new to all this so I am only following what I was told from my broker to sign up and follow the process (No Names). But there seems to be a major disconnect between the VPS provider/ Broker/ and Broker Partner team with vastly contradicting information, so now I'm more confused than when I started. Its crazy as this is their own recommended VPS Service on their website so I thought it would be a seamless quick setup.

Last night my broker logged me into my account on an MT5 platform on the VPS and said "its done". It had my account balance on it, but nothing else from my Desktop MT5, just the standard empty MT5.

Shouldn't I be able to use my Metatrader 5 on the desktop and have the option in navigator to sync it to the VPS?

Unlike the Video on MQL5 explaining the VPS setup, there is no VPS icon in the Navigator or any info on my Desktop or any option to sync to VPS.  

Sorry I have no idea as ive never set up anything through a VPS. But from the instructions I see on the MQL5 video, my broker installation is missing something?

Anyone else has a similar experience?

If it is about some external VPS (from your broker for example) so you should ask VPS provider about any issue.

Because external VPS is very different and can not be compared with MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

Dashoshea:

Help....

Into my 3rd day now I've been trying to get a VPS setup though my Broker. 12 emails and 14 calls, 3 team viewer sessions, and I still don't have a VPS that I believe is connected to my MT5.

I'm new to all this so I am only following what I was told from my broker to sign up and follow the process (No Names). But there seems to be a major disconnect between the VPS provider/ Broker/ and Broker Partner team with vastly contradicting information, so now I'm more confused than when I started. Its crazy as this is their own recommended VPS Service on their website so I thought it would be a seamless quick setup.

Last night my broker logged me into my account on an MT5 platform on the VPS and said "its done". It had my account balance on it, but nothing else from my Desktop MT5, just the standard empty MT5.

Shouldn't I be able to use my Metatrader 5 on the desktop and have the option in navigator to sync it to the VPS?

Unlike the Video on MQL5 explaining the VPS setup, there is no VPS icon in the Navigator or any info on my Desktop or any option to sync to VPS.  

Sorry I have no idea as ive never set up anything through a VPS. But from the instructions I see on the MQL5 video, my broker installation is missing something?

Anyone else has a similar experience?

confuse by MQL5's "VPS"  ;)
you're not alone.

It's a "marketing catch" (not to say "trick").

MQL5's VPS is just a "virtualized mt4/mt5 terminal".

You don't get access (remote desktop/ssh/cpanel, etc.) to that vps.

2 different beasts.

=======
if you have (common) windows vps, or linux, etc. on a hosting provider and installed your mt4/mt5 terminal application there, it has nothing to do with your local desktop in your office/at home.
Surely you can use same login/trading account on both terminals, but both are independent to each other, simply just accessing same account.

Got it ?

Soewono Effendi:
confuse by MQL5's "VPS"  ;)
you're not alone.

It's a "marketing catch" (not to say "trick").

MQL5's VPS is just a "virtualized mt4/mt5 terminal".

You don't get access (remote desktop/ssh/cpanel, etc.) to that vps.

2 different beasts.

=======
, it has nothing to do with your local desktop in your office/at home.
Surely you can use same login/trading account on both terminals, but both are independent to each other, simply just accessing same account.

Got it ?

Thanks for the info Sergey and Soewono.

That makes sense now !  Yes you're right Soewono, thats exactly how they done it (common windows vps, or linux, etc. on a hosting provider and installed your mt4/mt5 terminal application there). I thought I was getting a VPS service that worked as per the virtual hosting type" MQL5  version that all the information is provided on, and works with the existing MT5. As I was told this service was  "specialized for MT5"  etc which sounds like a great marketing pitch , but far from true. But it seems to be like you said, a separate thing that has nothing to do with my MT5 desktop application at all, and you just run a separate MT5 which you have to setup again on the VPS window.

I would have thought its more convenient to have it all through the Desktop MT5 and syncing, especially if I have to change VPS providers ?  You guys who have done this before,  what works better for you?

Cheers for you thoughts

Hey Dash, as the others say, the MQL "VPS" isnt a VPS, its just a virtualised application you connect to (cheap crap). If you are serious about learning this, you need a real hosted server environment (what your broker will have given you). Learn how to work with a full hosted VPS, it'll help you out in the long run.

Reason: