Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) released - activations for purchased Market products added - page 3

Paul:

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the reply!

Metaquotes are well aware of this issue and need to either fix it or allocate additional activations.

I can't believe I'm the only user affected by the most recent Windows 10 Version 1909 update.

I'm now in a situation where I can't even reinstall the market products as all my activations have been used due to multiple Windows updates! :(

Where do I escalate this issue to get it resolved?

Regards,

Paul

I do not know ...
I think - it should be for everybody, or for nobody ..
read my previous post on the thread.

Hi Paul, 

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Rented an indicator a like a week ago and a few days later Windows update pops up. Updated and the next thing i know I couldnt get the indicator to show up on the charts. 

I contacted the developer and I was advised to delete and reinstall. I realized after downloading and reinstalling that I had lost one activation just for doing that. This is frustrating as I still have one to year to go... lost one activation within a week.

Please do let me know if this was resolved and how.

Regards

Pascal

Paul:

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the reply!

Metaquotes are well aware of this issue and need to either fix it or allocate additional activations.

I can't believe I'm the only user affected by the most recent Windows 10 Version 1909 update.

I'm now in a situation where I can't even reinstall the market products as all my activations have been used due to multiple Windows updates! :(

Where do I escalate this issue to get it resolved?

Regards,

Paul

Hi there,

Just just ran into this problem today as well. My PC had a BIG Windows update and when I tried to attach purchased EAs, it wouldn't let me. I deleted them and re-installed them through MT4's Market and it worked.... BUT it took away an activate from each of the EAs. This isn't right and I wrote to MQL today. I hope I get a response back as this isn't fair at all. I understand if MQL wants to have copy protection, but don't base it on the operating system parameters that change in time.

Thanks,

Michael

:-)

Michael Bender:

Hi there,

Just just ran into this problem today as well. My PC had a BIG Windows update and when I tried to attach purchased EAs, it wouldn't let me. I deleted them and re-installed them through MT4's Market and it worked.... BUT it took away an activate from each of the EAs. This isn't right and I wrote to MQL today. I hope I get a response back as this isn't fair at all. I understand if MQL wants to have copy protection, but don't base it on the operating system parameters that change in time.

Thanks,

Michael

:-)

After a major Windows upgrade, you will need an activation for re-installing your MQL5 purchases, but Metaquotes credits one extra activation after each such OS upgrade.

Recently they've credited 1 extra activation for May 2020 Windows major upgrade.

Hi!

I have not been credited 1 activation for May 2020 Windows upgrade. I need help to have my activation back.

I updated my Windows 10 three days ago and it took me one activation for one indicator. I sent a message for service desk but they said they cannot give one additional activation because many activations are provided when I purchase the indicator through the market. However, one of my reasons to purchase the indicator is to have many activations, so I can use in multiple computers. Also, MQL does not say that the multiple activations are given to be used after major Windows updates (look at any indicator at the market and you won't see anything about it). Thus, it is not fair now that MQL comes to me saying that the multiple activations are provided because of major Windows updates (since we lose one activation); if this is the reason, MQL must state that in the market, so I can set my expectations about it.

Please, someone help.

Rafael 

Reason: