None of my EAs are creating trades - help needed

Hi, 

I am relatively new to MT4 and have used a third party software to create some EAs, which I am trying to run on my Oanda Demo account.

My issue is that none of the EAs are producing trades on any timeframe or under any conditions. 

I backtested all the EAs on the software and I had positive results so I know the logic is in there to create trades, but nothing at all happens on MT4 when i run it on live data. I checked everything I can think of : 

1. Autotrading is Green and I have the Smiley face

2. Live trading selected in EA properties

3. Long and Short properties are enabled

4. Allow DLL imports checked

5. Allow import of external experts is checked

6. No error messages in the Experts tab except for one EA but I am running 20-30 with no results

7. No error message in Journal, everything is loaded up OK 

8. Connection to broker server is OK

I thought I might have issues since I was running MT4 on a Mac (with Wine) and the EAs had been compiled from Forex Strategy Builder running under Parallels, so I reinstalled the correct MT4 for Oanda under WIndows and reimported all the Indicators from there again. Still no luck.

- I also did a test indicator which should trade on a 1 min chart every time the 1 min MA goes above the 2 min MA just to stiumulate some trades but I can see the lines crossing and no trades are created

- I also tried loading up some free indicators from the MT4 site and checking these but nothing is produced. 

- I finally tried a manual trade and this showed up correctly in MT4; Oanda and also MyFXBook so that's not the issue. 

- I have attached an example code, which I was using on AUDCAD on a minute chart. There were no compilation errors, either. 

Would really appreciate some guidance in what might be going on -

Thank you, 

Matthew 

Files:
AUDCAD_M1.mq4  285 kb

MFinch:   Would really appreciate some guidance in what might be going on -
  1. //| This code is a part of Forex Strategy Builder …

EA builder, EATree, fxDreema, FxPro, Molanis, Online Forex Expert AdvisorGenerator, Quant, Visual Trader Studio, MQL5 Wizard, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.
    • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
      If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
      If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
      We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your seven thousand hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

• EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
      EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time.
                New candle - MQL4 forum
      EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
      EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. (pre-Build 500)
      EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
      EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    Learn to code it or or pay (Freelance) someone to code it.

2. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

3. What might be going on is that your code is broken. If any of the eight things you checked actually was wrong, you would have error messages. You don't. Therefor your entry criteria is not being met.

MFinch:
Thanks William, you make a good point. 

It works in the tester but it's awfully slow. Maybe it's a performance issue. And it opens only about 1 trade a day.

lippmaje:
And it opens only about 1 trade a day.

Which is excellent when it's a winning trade.

Marco vd Heijden:

Which is excellent when it's a winning trade.

Sure, what I meant is that @MFinch perhaps just didn't wait long enough for a trade to open.
Reason: