MT4 and MT5 Combine to Make one software. - page 2

I dont even see the difference besides one has a 4 another a 5.

Alexei Panfilov:
I dont even see the difference besides one has a 4 another a 5.

MT4 vs MT5 

MQL5 vs QLUA - Why trading operations in MQL5 are up to 28 times faster? - the article  

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Sergey Golubev:

MT4 vs MT5 

MQL5 vs QLUA - Why trading operations in MQL5 are up to 28 times faster? - the article  

Thanks

You can still make cross platform products both mt4 and mt5 work great , mt5 supports commodities and custom symbols mt4 don't. Both are good products we can still use them both why choose one only ?

Farrukh Aleem:

You can still make cross platform products both mt4 and mt5 work great , mt5 supports commodities and custom symbols mt4 don't. Both are good products we can still use them both why choose one only ?

It's going to be easier to combine them and I have one. In software world the newer version always support the older.

These are two different programs.

Can not easily be combined into one.

Also, you can create your own custom cross platform library that solves the compatibility issue at certain point. Or you can support existing projects like MQL_Easy at codebase.
Of course you may not find the best solution because only metaquotes could provide one but you can use some important functionality like order/position execution, order/position management etc by writing the same piece of code once for both platforms.

Considering the fact that still there are very few regulated brokers allowing MT5 platform, you could still continue trading with MT4 for the foreseeable future. All the trusted, highly ranked brokers offer MT4 as their sole trading platform and I don't see a good reason to change if you are high frequency trader on smaller time frames. Just try to focus on time frames above H4 for your trading with many markets and you will be much profitable from day one.

ThilinaG:

Considering the fact that still there are very few regulated brokers allowing MT5 platform, you could still continue trading with MT4 for the foreseeable future. All the trusted, highly ranked brokers offer MT4 as their sole trading platform and I don't see a good reason to change if you are high frequency trader on smaller time frames. Just try to focus on time frames above H4 for your trading with many markets and you will be much profitable from day one.

I am not talking about to change everything. I am talking about Using MT5 to login in with your MT4 account and MT5 platform to adjust automatically To MT4 setting Instead of having 2 of them.

Mafuta Landou:
I am not talking about to change everything. I am talking about Using MT5 to login in with your MT4 account and MT5 platform to adjust automatically To MT4 setting Instead of having 2 of them.

The MT4 terminal and, probably, the server software have no more support by metaquotes. These will fade away in the coming 2 years. This is why I call it zombie: it is kept "alive" because of the large amount of brokers and users using it.

Some of the new features of MT5 like the trading engine and order filling modes are not compatible with MT4 server

Reason: