strategy tester stopped working mt5

Am i the only one having trouble with the strategy tester in mt5?

it has always been working fine until last friday. it simply keeps going but doesnt do anything.

i didnt change a thing in settings or on pc....

Hard to know what it might be without info such as entries in the Journal tab.

How old is the EA/indicator you are testing and are you sure it is for MT5 and not MT4?

If you updated your MT5 to a new build or another broker, you might have to reinstall the EA for it to function regardless if it was installed previously. This might mean using a new authorization from the EA provider.

You can address this last point by deleting the EA from the navigator on the list through the delete function and reinstalling.  Most EAs won't reinstall over a previous installation if it is a validation issue.

Maybe you EA does not trade the time frame you are using -- check the utilization tab in the EA properties (not in System Tester).

It could be other things too but more info is needed if it is not something simple like the above.

Good luck

Michael Maggi:

Hard to know what it might be without info such as entries in the Journal tab.

How old is the EA/indicator you are testing and are you sure it is for MT5 and not MT4?

If you updated your MT5 to a new build or another broker, you might have to reinstall the EA for it to function regardless if it was installed previously. This might mean using a new authorization from the EA provider.

You can address this last point by deleting the EA from the navigator on the list through the delete function and reinstalling.  Most EAs won't reinstall over a previous installation if it is a validation issue.

Maybe you EA does not trade the time frame you are using -- check the utilization tab in the EA properties (not in System Tester).

It could be other things too but more info is needed if it is not something simple like the above.

Good luck

hi michael,

yes i'm sure its for mt5 been working on my ea's for weeks, same mt5 tester same EA mount 2007 feb 2019.

journal was all normal as it seemed to keep going but didnt do anything for hours.

obviously i checked all basics like right timeframe testing etc...

i will try reinstalling mt5 and load all EA's etc again to see if it changes anything.

I had a seme issue with MT5 StrategyTester. My solution for this was delete .log files form tester\logs folder. My log was over 150 mb, so as a text file it was huge. After deleting those files StretegyTester works fine. 

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Tester\logs

edit: now StretegyTester stopped working 

mayamak:

I had a seme issue with MT5 StrategyTester. My solution for this was delete .log files form tester\logs folder. My log was over 150 mb, so as a text file it was huge. After deleting those files StretegyTester works fine. 

edit: now StretegyTester stopped working 

Works Thanks ! 

Don't do that. Someone searching might find this thread and still be clueless. What solved what?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
     When You Ask.
          Follow up with a brief note on the solution.

Road73:

Am i the only one having trouble with the strategy tester in mt5?

it has always been working fine until last friday. it simply keeps going but doesnt do anything.

i didnt change a thing in settings or on pc....

Also Having issues, Runs the first batch of tests ok and then seems to stall on the last task of the batch. it still shows processing but the number of agents in use falls to single digit number and the time expected to complete the task rises as nothing seems to be happening at all. Restarting the test costs money...because using genetic it restarts at the beginning of the test instead of resuming.

When I was working with MT4, I always had a problem with its tester, so I migrate from MT4 to MT5, but I still have a problem with MT5 tester.

I also tried many market testers, but all those software's have basic problems.

Does anyone know of excellent test software?

mayamak #:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Tester\logs

this fix worked for me too

Reason: