Cannot Load Data into Strategy Backtester - help!

Hi, 

I have a new issue in backtesting and cannot figure it out on MT4, please can someone advise. I am trying to backtest an EA and successfully did this in the past. Now its not working.

Basically, I click START and nothing happens. If I check the Journal, it says that the currency pair is not loaded. However, I go into History Center and load it - all timeframes. When I return to the tester, I get the same error message when I try to run it again. 

I tried to load in a different currency pair, just to see what was loading, and even though this comes through in History center, the new currency does not appear in the dropdown list on the strategy tester. If I look at this currency pair in a normal chart, the whole history is loaded. 

So now I am thinking that I have this error since there is a disconnect between the history center and the tester. Any ideas how I can resolve this? 

Where do I find the files which appear under the dropdown in the Strategy Tester - I want to see what loads and what does not load. The only other thing I could think of is to delete and reinstall it, but MT4 seems glitchy all over the place really, so I dont want to do this everytime there is an issue. 

Thanks, 

Matthew

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page94#comment_4070616
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

Reason: