Automated Vs Manual Trader - page 3

Cassiano Jardim:

On my opinion, “Automated Trading Systems” does not pay attention to the Ratios. However, by automating your system there are zero chances of falling in love for a deal, which is good since no one is looking for love here! In the other hand, very few traders can actually automate something different. The problem is that we all go through out the same tools available in the market, which now you can easily find abandoned systems that became cheap available in the market. Do you really think that a profitable EA would be cheap to get? Or imagine free? 

With that said, I believe that manually with a serious trading system and discipline, that you can actually have more chances to succeed. Well, at least you have the chances of NOT trading where the majority is. which I like! Tks a lot.  

Every automated system is result of manual trading ideas, Peoples tries to convert their real time ideas into expert advisor, Manual trading also can go in loss and same EA's will act. Brokers with MT4 have a lot control to make your EA fail. 

In general 90% peoples depend on grid trading system and why this grid system become famous because of brokers over leverage. With lowest leverage grid not possible and it means accounts can't blow easily. 

If an EA not on grid base means it will grow with less speed and in this case 90% don't likes slow growth. Traders looking EA which can make fast growth and as result only failure. To find which EA can stay on positive side need to give time EA no matter if it doing slow growth. 

Mostly peoples got less experience and that's why they can't understand EA trade style even via Demo we can see any EA's trading strategy. In my opinion a simple system always does best. 

Getting more experience is best thing but making a lot experiments not good. 

best 

Waseem Raza:

Every automated system is result of manual trading ideas, 

best 

Except the self training neuronets that train themselves.

Those do not require any strategic input they will artificially create their strategy from raw price input feeds over a number of training cycles. 

And i also do not know if 90% use a grid don't you think that is a bit too much ? 

That would imply that only 10% use a different technique and i would rather think that classic support and resistance would be the majority.

But that's just an assumption because of course it's not easy to know or discover the real numbers.

If you look at the signal providers, here or elsewhere, yes, 90% are grid and martingales that are destined to explode, but that's what customers want because the performance is high.

What we see is not representative of what we can do with Ea.

My self-made EAs have been running smoothly for many years, but their performance, 2% to 4% per month, does not allow them to be used successfully for signaling, this is not what want the traders.

I practice manual trading and automatic trading.

Automatic trading frees me up time, and it is priceless, manual trading brings me money, much more.

It's like that, but one does not forbid the other is not it, it's not like in the restaurant, we do not have to choose, we can take both. :)

Marco vd Heijden:

Except the self training neuronets that train themselves.

Those do not require any strategic input they will artificially create their strategy from raw price input feeds over a number of training cycles. 

And i also do not know if 90% use a grid don't you think that is a bit too much ? 

That would imply that only 10% use a different technique and i would rather think that classic support and resistance would be the majority.

But that's just an assumption because of course it's not easy to know or discover the real numbers.

Someday try FIFO rule and you will understand the reality

Why FCA reduced leverage and they discover over 80% peoples are loosing why because all firms involve in this scam with high leverage

Here 99% peoples don't know which broker is actually True ECN

If you are manually trading, it is common for emotions to affect trading decisions.

Intuition is hard to beat by an EA. Even if an EA is profitable over a period, markets will change and EA becomes unprofitable. There's a quote from a famous trader: “The minute you think you've found the key to trading, I promise you the markets will change the lock.” (Linda Raschke)
Reason: