Automated Vs Manual Trader - page 2

Cassiano Jardim:

On my opinion, “Automated Trading Systems” does not pay attention to the Ratios. However, by automating your system there are zero chances of falling in love for a deal, which is good since no one is looking for love here! In the other hand, very few traders can actually automate something different. The problem is that we all go through out the same tools available in the market, which now you can easily find abandoned systems that became cheap available in the market. Do you really think that a profitable EA would be cheap to get? Or imagine free? 

With that said, I believe that manually with a serious trading system and discipline, that you can actually have more chances to succeed. Well, at least you have the chances of NOT trading where the majority is. which I like! Tks a lot.  

How about getting some of those free or cheap EAs and improve on them and come up with an even better end product

the issue with manual trading is that you'll soon notice that you collect small profits slowly but sure, but the time you lost a trade, it is a big lost.
Wins small, big loses. :(
Cassiano Jardim:

On my opinion, “Automated Trading Systems” does not pay attention to the Ratios. However, by automating your system there are zero chances of falling in love for a deal, which is good since no one is looking for love here! In the other hand, very few traders can actually automate something different. The problem is that we all go through out the same tools available in the market, which now you can easily find abandoned systems that became cheap available in the market. Do you really think that a profitable EA would be cheap to get? Or imagine free? 

With that said, I believe that manually with a serious trading system and discipline, that you can actually have more chances to succeed. Well, at least you have the chances of NOT trading where the majority is. which I like! Tks a lot.  

Seyedmajid Masharian:

the only way to make consistent profit is %100 automatic trading.

as soon as you make your trading strategy automated as soon as you become a sucessful trader.

if you dont trust my word go and see this BBC documentary.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dp8o2

Or the Intuitive art of our existence....Could be the part that leaves our bodies at death :)

If your strategy is based on mathematical probability, automatic trading is appropriate, and if your strategy is based on fundamentals, manual trading is appropriate.

either way, the more you discuss this topic, the less you are inclined to get off your ass and do some actual trading! :D Both modes have their good and bad points. The "point" (punn intended) hehe... is that if all you can do is discuss this topic over and over, then, you are not cut out for any mode or flavour of trading.

And old tools are ok (imo) if they are old, and availiable, there's approximate 50/50 shot that it might still work in similar market conditions. Just because a strategy failed last month, does not mean it will not work next month. But the fact that you can still get that old ea or old indicator is a good chance that it can be used with relative success again (imo). Otherwise that old thing would have been lost in the www, and forgotten about on that old apple based imac decades ago :).

Clifford M. Beers:

On my opinion,

- Automate Trading System don't have emotions it working follow rules,condition that programmer develop it so it always follow the plan.

- Manual Trade : have emotions and feeling so easier to be an error.

* But it very hard to find automate trading system that really works.

Yes, I think so too.

because trend market is very dynamic, but I like manual trading

Cassiano Jardim:

I love using Both.

If you can create a better trader than yourself then, go for it without hesitation, program an automated robot. This is the old adage, can a given being create a more perfect being than itself? Some people think it's possible.

Myfxbook and mql copy traders has profitable trading from both manual and automated systems. If it use discretionary factors that's where automation finds a problem but if it has step by step rules that can be quantified and replicated like clock work, the simple fact is that you can have a good system. There are quite a few indicators here on the marketplace that thousands have bought and seem to be doing well with; there are coders here that already have found profitable strategies and are just waiting for the right customer with the right quote or price to release the product. What do you have to sacrifice, people are making money, not everyone is losing.

The truth is that only high speed trading is effective as an automatic trading strategy. Everything else is just fool's gold. The earlier we accept that, the better, unfortunately.
Reason: