EA Problem when testing

hello, 

ive been testing this EA to see if its the one for me but I keep getting gob smacked, the results differentiate every time I test it 
ive tested it on two brokers with the exact same spreads, different results 
ive tested it on the same broker but on two different accounts that has the same offer from the broker and I still get different results 
ive tested it on demo and live for the same broker different results

the EA has the same rules and should be fine if the spreads are the same, but why do I keep getting different results even tho im testing it on the same pair and same time frame? 
any one knows the problem and how to fix it?? 

thanks, 

It should be the different results in many cases.
Because the quotes/data are different for different brokers (different for high/low of the bar for example).
So, your EA may hit stop loss for one broker and hit take profit level for the other one.

Besides, if your EA is using advanced Money Management or hending or martingale or scalping - it will be different depends on when you started the testing (exact day/month/year) and when you finish the testing.

----------------

There are some old question when experience traders are asking.
For example, you can say: "My EA is profitable."
So, the question from experience traders: "Which broker for?"

Sergey Golubev:

It should be the different results in many cases.
Because the quotes/data are different for different brokers (different for high/low of the bar for example).
So, your EA may hit stop loss for one broker and hit take profit level for the other one.

Besides, if your EA is using advanced Money Management or hending or martingale or scalping - it will be different depends on when you started the testing (exact day/month/year) and when you finish the testing.

----------------

There are some old question when experience traders are asking.
For example, you can say: "My EA is profitable."
So, the question from experience traders: "Which broker for?"

interesting, what other problems can be cause the EA to not work properly? spreads and commissions charged? historical data? 

letstradefam:

interesting, what other problems can be cause the EA to not work properly? spreads and commissions charged? historical data? 

I do not know. It's based on your code.

But as I said - if EA is having the different performance for different broker - it is normal case.
Same with some indicators (iTrend indicator for example) which are performing differently for different brokers.

Sergey Golubev:

I do not know. It's based on your code.

But as I said - if EA is having the different performance for different broker - it is normal case.
Same with some indicators (iTrend indicator for example) which are performing differently for different brokers.

This is very old knowledge - you can look at my posts from 2006 and 2007 for example (post #15 and post #238 and more).

Especially - if EA is using high/low of the bar in coding, or coded on open bar together with closed high/low of the bar so it will be different results for different brokers in strategy tester and in real trading as well.

For example, if someone told you the following: "My EA is profitable, you can take it (or buy it) and use it, and it will be profitable for you", so this person is not telling the true. Yes, it could be profitable for some particular broker in past (and for some other broikers - not profitable) - and the coders know about it. And if the person did not tell you the broker to use with this EA so you can ignore his suggestion.

----------------

It remind me one joke story.

I went to the bus stop and asked: "Can I take this bus to the seaport?"
And they replied: "On this bus you can go anywhere!"
:)

Sergey Golubev:

This is very old knowledge - you can look at my posts from 2006 and 2007 for example (post #15 and post #238 and more).

Especially - if EA is using high/low of the bar in coding, or coded on open bar together with closed high/low of the bar so it will be different results for different brokers in strategy tester and in real trading as well.

For example, if someone told you the following: "My EA is profitable, you can take it (or buy it) and use it, and it will be profitable for you", so this person is not telling the true. Yes, it could be profitable for some particular broker in past (and for some other broikers - not profitable) - and the coders know about it. And if the person did not tell you the broker to use with this EA so you can ignore his suggestion.

----------------

It remind me one joke story.

I went to the bus stop and asked: "Can I take this bus to the seaport?"
And they replied: "On this bus you can go anywhere!"
:)

yes but the following problem is this, im testing on demo to take a percentage of equity as volume, so if I have 10,000, I want him to take 1% of the equity and use it as margin, in this case its 100, which is basically almost 0.5 lots give or take a bit, what im facing its 100% working on demos and other terminals now. but on the live terminal the EA is taking different volumes. instead of 1% it takes 2.5% even tho the settings are the same. contract sized are both the same on live and demo 

letstradefam:
yes but the following problem is this, im testing on demo to take a percentage of equity as volume, so if I have 10,000, I want him to take 1% of the equity and use it as margin, in this case its 100, which is basically almost 0.5 lots give or take a bit, what im facing its 100% working on demos and other terminals now. but on the live terminal the EA is taking different volumes. instead of 1% it takes 2.5% even tho the settings are the same. contract sized are both the same on live and demo 

I am not a coder so I can not fix any EA sorry.

Sergey Golubev:

I am not a coder so I can not fix any EA sorry.

do you know what the issue would be?
Reason: