Experts: 2 Days Breakout

2 Days Breakout:

Follow daily movement after 2 days breakout

2 Days Breakout

Author: Fabio Cavalloni

Hi, may I know what's the TP and SL price? Or how do you compute it?

This strategy seems promising. With only 4% DD and 20% returns. Are there any other parameters on this strategy aside from the 2 day breakout?

SL and TP prices are calculated from range of previous day. Using a fixed value for a strategy like this is not only self-defeating but also illogic, in my opinion. I think that is always better make it "dynamic" instead of using fixed value that need to be optimized and can work well only in specific period and maybe not for the next day. A lot of people love systems with fixed SL and TP and waste a lot of time overfitting those.

I prefer a more dynamic approach, always based on market condition. ATR based SL can be another good thing but for this strategy I think that is better refers to day the triggers the breakout.

Hi Fabio,

Very good concept, it is better than many EAs in the markets place !

I changed time frame to Hour, then it produced 400% for 1 year.

Please put money management and add some feature like 'trailing stop' as I can see many orders go correct direction and show many pips in profit, but after 2-3 days the order didn't close and it reached return point, then it end up with lose.

Natanathorn Boonsaen:

Hi Fabio,

Very good concept, it is better than many EAs in the markets place !

I changed time frame to Hour, then it produced 400% for 1 year.

Please put money management and add some feature like 'trailing stop' as I can see many orders go correct direction and show many pips in profit, but after 2-3 days the order didn't close and it reached return point, then it end up with lose.

Thanks for your good feedback!

I always suggest to people to not use a trailing stop in short term environment (like this strategy). Maybe a partial close of the order and a SL set to breakeven.

Usually, in the FreeCode section I uploads very raw concepts that can be improved with well-know function, not complete EA that can be used as-is... 

Hi Fabio, I want to share additional ideas on your concept .

The form of the candles like picture will caused of the problem. If we can filter it with Stochastic or MACD slope up/down trend may help. 

The candle size also matter, if too small it will cause of easily touching SL  

At the bottom most & top most trading has to be avoided with O/B & O/S indicators

Hello your strategy looking very nich, but 1 prb   can you add auto lot size?  like 100$ capital set lot 0.01  this is only example,  setting should be adjustable  Thank you.
Reason: