Low Quality Broker Data on MT5 - page 4

Marco vd Heijden:
Destiny is confirmed once more.

Yes. Me saying "Okay I will continue my backtesting. Enjoy your lie-down." confirms my life's destiny. I'm glad you're here Marco you are just so much smarter than everybody else, they should make you the King Moderator, or the Chief Moderator. Which one do you think suits you best?

It is what it is.

Nothing to do with me, but all with what others have done in the past.

I was trying to show you something.

I think this conversation is over please don't make it personal.

Marco vd Heijden:

It is what it is.

Nothing to do with me, but all with what others have done in the past.

I was trying to show you something.

I think this conversation is over please don't make it personal.

You don't think that you saying to me that "Destiny is confirmed once more." is personal?

You may have been trying your utmost to be cryptic Marco but I understood what that meant. 

Anyway I think "Chief Moderator" sounds best, but I'll leave it for you to ponder during your lie-down.

I invested my time to answer you.

Now you are angry at me and i do not know why.

Marco vd Heijden:

Poor Marco. All he does is try to help people and look what he gets in return. Give this guy a break!

As long as the others will get it, it's fine :) 

koranged:

Oh my apologies. 

In my experience, the data from Dukascopy differs slightly from data from other sources. The market closing 1 pip higher with broker A than broker B can be the difference between a trade or no trade. For example a system which trades based upon indicator values is highly dependant upon the OHLC data that goes into the indicator calculation. If when using one broker's data, the market closed 1 point above breakout level, but with the other broker price closed 1 point below the breakout level (assuming you are trading a long breakout system), then that right there is the difference between one trade being entered with one broker and no trade being entered with the other. The table that I posted a few comments back illustrates this problem perfectly. 

I agree with you when you say that Dukascopy data is 'almost identical' to the data from other NDD brokers, but even subtle differences can be the difference between a net profit or a net loss, which is problematic when trying to evaluate the historical performance of a particular strategy. 

As I called your attention to earlier, you are in the UK and you are most probably using the UK brokers (probably a Spread Betting account so as not to pay taxes), and most of the UK brokers are not NDD and are in fact Dealing Desks using Instant Execution, so their data will ultimately be different to Dukascopy tick data.

Fernando Carreiro:
As I called your attention to earlier, you are in the UK and you are most probably using the UK brokers (probably a Spread Betting account so as not to pay taxes), and most of the UK brokers are not NDD and are in fact Dealing Desks using Instant Execution, so their data will ultimately be different to Dukascopy tick data.

The accounts that I'm using are definitely not spread betting accounts. I am certain that two of the five brokers I am using are not HQ'd in the UK. They are of course regulated by the FCA as well as their domestic regulators, not sure if this would make any difference?

Marco vd Heijden:

Marco, each time there is a topic about backtesting you are acting like a troll. Any one following this forum knows your opinion about that. Still each time you are trying to convince people backtest are useless, waste of time, etc... Let's people think what they want and use backtest as they want, it's not your problem, it's not your responsibility if they use it wrongly. Please act as a moderator and not as a troll : I mean stop wasting your time and ours on useless discussion.

Usually people want answers to their questions, they don't want to get lessons from others. Even when you are right they don't want to hear you, believe me.

If it helps even one, i'm satisfied.

I wrote more valuable information then just that backtest is useless thing.

People get angry when you tell them something they don't want to hear, but i'm used to that, i know exactly what you mean.
Reason: