V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10 - page 2

Hi Vinicius 

thanks for the above reply is there a way to set the target for a set amount of pips above the breakout?

Thanks in advance

twiggers:

Hi, one way would be to make the following code changes:

// From
input double    iTPfactor    = 1.5;        // Take Profit Factor - Stop Loss

// To
input int       iTakeProfit  = 500;        // Take Profit From Range - Points

//===========

// From
if(iTPfactor <= 0.0)
  {
   Alert(Symbol(), Period(), " - Take Profit Factor is required.");
   Print(Symbol(), Period(), " - Take Profit Factor is required.");
   return(INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT);
  }

// To
if(iTakeProfit <= 0)
  {
   Alert(Symbol(), Period(), " - Take Profit From Range is required.");
   Print(Symbol(), Period(), " - Take Profit From Range is required.");
   return(INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT);
  }

//===========

// From
TP  = NormalizeDouble(Ask + (Ask - SL) * iTPfactor, Digits);

// To
TP  = NormalizeDouble(RangeHigh + iTakeProfit * Point, Digits);

//===========

// From
TP  = NormalizeDouble(Bid - (SL - Bid) * iTPfactor, Digits);

// To
TP  = NormalizeDouble(RangeLow - iTakeProfit * Point, Digits);

- Compile the file;

- In the input parameter Take Profit From Range - Points, enter the value you want to test.

Hi Vinicius

thank you for all your help, I modified the file as above and it loads fine and the ea shows the smiley face however I set it to take the break of the range  of the 7am UK time candle but I cant get it to take a trade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See attached amended ea

Files:
EOB_1.1.mq4  81 kb

Hi, you can use, for example, the attached setting file to try to optimize considering only one range bar.

I hope it helps you.

Files:

Hello Vinicius de Oliveira, Thanks to Vinicius de Oliveira for announcing EA. - I would like you to help me further consider price conditions that surpass the Asian time frame. - I see you have provided the V1N1 Prime signal, which is an upgrade of V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10 is not?

pizid:
Hello Vinicius de Oliveira, Thanks to Vinicius de Oliveira for announcing EA. - I would like you to help me further consider price conditions that surpass the Asian time frame. - I see you have provided the V1N1 Prime signal, which is an upgrade of V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10 is not?

Hello, only now it was possible to respond.

1 - I do not understand your request very well, but the limits (prices) of the trading range of the Asian session are calculated in RangeHigh and RangeLow, as below:

//--- Calculates trading range
ShiftStart = iBarShift(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, StartTrade, True);
RangeHigh  = High[iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, MODE_HIGH, iTradeRange, ShiftStart + 1)];
RangeLow   = Low [iLowest (NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, MODE_LOW,  iTradeRange, ShiftStart + 1)];
RangeSize  = (RangeHigh - RangeLow) / Point;

2 - Yes, that's right.

Thank you for sharing! I've run tested the EA found that a good point of this EA is money management. Even though it has low win ratio but you can make money!. Let's try to add some more filter to gain win ratio.  

Natanathorn Boonsaen:
Thank you for sharing! I've run tested the EA found that a good point of this EA is money management. Even though it has low win ratio but you can make money!. Let's try to add some more filter to gain win ratio.  

What is your filter suggestion? Describe, please.

Hi Vinicious!

Thank you for  all the info you have shared!

Do you think if you could modify the attached file so that it would use in example 10% of 5 day ATR, that you would add/substract from the high/low candle of London open? Something like on the picture.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Lorant

Files:

szlory:

Hello, what I have that is more like what you are wanting is the attached file.

To use according to the strategy you described:
- Use H1 timeframe;
- Set Start Trade to 1 hour after the opening of the London session;
- Set 1 to Trading Range;
- Set 5 to ADR Period;
- Set 10 to ADR Percentage.

If you make any improvements in the code, please share.
Files:
V1N1_LONNY.mq4  82 kb
Reason: