Experts: BOLINGER BAND SQUEEZE

BOLINGER BAND SQUEEZE:

"BOLINGER BAND SQUEEZE" EA Trades when there is an expansion after contraction of bollinger bands.

BOLINGER BAND SQUEEZE

Author: Aharon Tzadik

Hi

So what are the BB settings and what are the fast and slow MAs used for?

Also, in your strategy test settings, what is the point of having a TS of 70 when the TP is only 60?

sydap2017:

Hi

1.There is no settings ,use maximum and minimum values and do back test

2.Fast and slow MAs used for finding the trend,it's not enough to find a squeeze,you need to know if the trend is up or down.

3.There is no logic in it if TS>TP , you need to set TS<TP.

Thank you for making this open source.

I was able to replicate your result using "control points" model for data but unfortunately using metatrader's data with Every Tick the results are not good at all..

Aharon Tzadik:

1.There is no settings ,use maximum and minimum values and do back test

2.Fast and slow MAs used for finding the trend,it's not enough to find a squeeze,you need to know if the trend is up or down.

3.There is no logic in it if TS>TP , you need to set TS<TP.

Thanks Aharon.

1. The problem is that I cannot see any settings for the squeeze based on BB, only the size of the squeeze and the number of candles. So why do you call it a BB squeeze. Is it not just a price squeeze?

2. Agree, there is no logic if TS>TP. But that is how you supposedly did the back test, with TS of 70 and TP of 60 from what I can see in the Strategy Tester report. So why did you test it that way?

3. What type are the MA settings? SMA, EMA or what?

sydap2017:

Hi

Bollinger band,and  The fast moving average used is normally 5 days and slow average is for action is taken and the MA's have not crossed

sydap2017:

Thanks Aharon.

1. The problem is that I cannot see any settings for the squeeze based on BB, only the size of the squeeze and the number of candles. So why do you call it a BB squeeze. Is it not just a price squeeze?

2. Agree, there is no logic if TS>TP. But that is how you supposedly did the back test, with TS of 70 and TP of 60 from what I can see in the Strategy Tester report. So why did you test it that way?

3. What type are the MA settings? SMA, EMA or what?

1.It is a "price"  squeeze according to "BOLINGER BAND" indicator.

2.It was just a random set,when "USETOMOVEBRAKEVEN==1" & "WHENTOMOVEBE=10" it means that TS moves 10 pips,after movement of price of 10 pips,

MODE_LWMA

Linear-weighted averaging

Sizwe Ndlovu:
Bollinger band,and  The fast moving average used is normally 5 days and slow average is for action is taken and the MA's have not crossed

Just use the parameters listed above.

Pealres Lukinskas:

Thank you for making this open source.

I was able to replicate your result using "control points" model for data but unfortunately using metatrader's data with Every Tick the results are not good at all..

Soon i will note a link to an improved version.

Many EAs that are generously posted on the forum, including this one, trade on every tick rather than at a bar completion.  These EAs often  perform well in the Strategy Tester using the "control points" mode, but this is totally misleading.  Even the Strategy Tester "tick level" mode is not trustworthy for EAs that can open trades at each tick. I suggest using bars for EA trading, not ticks. 
Reason: