Proportional copying

If the signal provider has an account of $1,000, and consistently trades 0.03 lots, and I have a $1,000 follower account, is there any way that I can copy the same signal with 0.01 lots, effectively trading the signal at a 30% risk/reward level of the provider signal? Thanks.

riddell:
If the signal provider has an account of $1,000, and consistently trades 0.03 lots, and I have a $1,000 follower account, is there any way that I can copy the same signal with 0.01 lots, effectively trading the signal at a 30% risk/reward level of the provider signal? Thanks.

may be - yes, but it should be calculated.

For example, if you are on Metatrader 5 so you can use calculator of Signals - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal Subscriber Lot Size Question

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.02 07:42

Besides, you can use Calculator of the Signals (to calculate everything 'automatically' based on any pre-selected signal for example).

or you can calculate by yourself based on the following examples:

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

riddell:

You have to manually adjust the: Use no more than ... % of deposit, option in signals settings, in order to keep a copying ratio of 30-35%.

There is no auto option for that.

Reason: