Proportional lot size copying

1. If you are trading exactly the same account size as the master signal and the master account is trading in 0.50 lots, and you put a "use no more than 20%.." of the account" into settings, will that mean my account will trade 0.10 lots?
Thanks

riddell:
1. If you are trading exactly the same account size as the master signal and the master account is trading in 0.50 lots, and you put a "use no more than 20%.." of the account" into settings, will that mean my account will trade 0.10 lots?
Thanks

Yes, with a bit more perhaps (like 22%), because you will not profit the same as the signal, due to slippage.

riddell:
Thanks

basically the formula to calculat lotratio (LR) in order to calculate lotsize (LS) (pls note in addition LR is not the same)

1) subs balance vs providers balance

2) subs risk settings, in your case 20%

3) subs leverage vs providers leverage, mql ignore if subs have higher leverage than provider

4) subs acct exrate vs providers acct exrate, eg subs have EUR acct and provider USD

LR=1x2x3x4

If you have exact same account size as provider and set 20% its not A=B meant provider open 0.50lots you open 0.10lots. Looking at the formula above, if you have 200 leverage and provider 500 this will in effect lower the LR. MQL also roundown on lotsize calculation, eg a calculation of 0.0558 lots on subs acct is created as 0.55lots on subs acct and not 0.56 so as not to endanger the subs acct, thus LR is NOT = LS directly

Hope this is clear that risk settings is just ONE of the factors/elements that affects LR which is used to calculate LS!

Yang May Leong #:

basically the formula to calculat lotratio (LR) in order to calculate lotsize (LS) (pls note in addition LR is not the same)

1) subs balance vs providers balance

2) subs risk settings, in your case 20%

3) subs leverage vs providers leverage, mql ignore if subs have higher leverage than provider

4) subs acct exrate vs providers acct exrate, eg subs have EUR acct and provider USD

LR=1x2x3x4

If you have exact same account size as provider and set 20% its not A=B meant provider open 0.50lots you open 0.10lots. Looking at the formula above, if you have 200 leverage and provider 500 this will in effect lower the LR. MQL also roundown on lotsize calculation, eg a calculation of 0.0558 lots on subs acct is created as 0.55lots on subs acct and not 0.56 so as not to endanger the subs acct, thus LR is NOT = LS directly

Hope this is clear that risk settings is just ONE of the factors/elements that affects LR which is used to calculate LS!

May i have a question? My signal acc open :0.01-> 0.02-> 0.03, but my account open : 0.01->0.01->0.01 lot, we have the same balance: 1000$

Tran Van Ngan #:
May i have a question? My signal acc open :0.01-> 0.02-> 0.03, but my account open : 0.01->0.01->0.01 lot, we have the same balance: 1000$

But you probably don't have the same leverage.