Experts: 10 points on EURUSD & GBPUSD

10 points on EURUSD & GBPUSD:

The strategy is based on breakthrough of the maximum and minimum price values of the previous trading day.

Author: RomanY

thanks for this.

I can't have the same result on the backtest. could you send your parameters ?

thanks in advance

Well look nice in backtest but i am not sure this will work in real market conditions because of the very high velocity of prices when they break this kind of levels. indeed price action is always moving very fast there so price you will get willl be near the short term future high and your 5 pip stop will be hit when PA pullback and also PA don't act in an regular reliable way at these lvels : very often it look like it want to go but it doesn't and pull back 10 or 20 pips and when when it really go as i said velocity is very high increasing dificulty to get good entry price. so if you go in too early you are exposed to false signals and when you don't go early you cannot get good entry price. This is the same with psychilogical levels like 1.49000 or 1.200!!! Looser whatever parameters you choose in real market conditions but big winner in backtest.. Sorry

kissandfly:

thanks for this.

I can't have the same result on the backtest. could you send your parameters ?

thanks in advance

I use parametres which are registered in the expert (these are optimum parametres), and still the expert is written under five signs after a comma.

Strange no matter what i do i cannot get the same backtest, im testing it on Alpari Uk, and im getting a very flat curve up, with some big loosers half way through the year. If you could provide a full copy of the backtest for this ea i would be very grateful. Thank you. 

Cyrillic:

Strange no matter what i do i cannot get the same backtest, im testing it on Alpari Uk, and im getting a very flat curve up, with some big loosers half way through the year. If you could provide a full copy of the backtest for this ea i would be very grateful. Thank you. 

Oh ok I looked it up now i see what the problem is, i will need to code proper GMT order placement into the ea, i'm aslo thinking of adding a trailing stop, break even and trying to go for more pips. 

Cyrillic:
Cyrillic:

Oh ok I looked it up now i see what the problem is, i will need to code proper GMT order placement into the ea, i'm aslo thinking of adding a trailing stop, break even and trying to go for more pips. 

Nevermind I cannot get this backtest to work, so it must be exclusively GMT 0 than right?  

Cyrillic:
Cyrillic:
Cyrillic:

Nevermind I cannot get this backtest to work, so it must be exclusively GMT 0 than right?

Look results of testing on http://codebase.mql4.com/ru/6173

Hmm its very hard to make the same ea backtest like this on a different broker, i've tried everything however because of the differences in data i do not think its even possible to get it to make those perfect entries, i have added custom gmt setting to this broker however it does not seem to help.  I tried it on all 3 alpari brokers and still i do not get the same result. Hmm maybe i'm doing something wrong...  I can get it to make around 1000% over the year, however this is not the correct result as far as i noticed. Are you sure this is the same version you are using? 

Thank you very much.

Philippe T

Hello Roma I am trying to install the robot in a account with 5 decimals but was impossible can you let me know what I have to do to be set like that? in 5 decimals

there r too many normal error that cannot test it .

Reason: