Experts: 20 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

20 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend":

Improved version of 10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend" EA

Author: slacktrader

Thanks, Navodar. Your system sounds interesting, but when downloaded into Alpari and ODL MetaTrader platforms, it did not work. Not one trade was entered. Can you let me know what I am missing

Fxmidas

fxmidas:

Thanks, Navodar. Your system sounds interesting, but when downloaded into Alpari and ODL MetaTrader platforms, it did not work. Not one trade was entered. Can you let me know what I am missing

Fxmidas

Sorry, I have no idea. It seems strange,  because also ElectricSavant wrote he has a problem on IBFX mini accoun. I think there is something wrong, because I have never tried it on different account than XTB.com. I f I will have a time I will check all these brokers demo and try to find out.

I am sorry but published EA is wrong one from 10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

Please download once again when update of this article is released.

Published EA is finally OK. You can download current version.

Dear nadovar,

I have test your EA but I have a very opposit result. I use the default setting of the EA with a worst result. Did I do anything wrong with the parameters? What currency and timeframe you using? Thanks!

brother3th:

Dear nadovar,

I have test your EA but I have a very opposit result. I use the default setting of the EA with a worst result. Did I do anything wrong with the parameters? What currency and timeframe you using? Thanks!

Please read also 10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

You can find everything there. I think main problem could be trading hour. I used CET in my testing.

This is very exciting. I will test this EA and report back....Could someone tell me what cet is? The server time in my mini IBFX account is gmt + 0.....what do I put in this EA? Rollover is usually at 17:00 est at most dealers...so how many hours after rollover do we need this EA to start...?

ES

ElectricSavant:

This is very exciting. I will test this EA and report back....Could someone tell me what cet is? The server time in my mini IBFX account is gmt + 0.....what do I put in this EA? Rollover is usually at 17:00 est at most dealers...so how many hours after rollover do we need this EA to start...?

ES

I think CET = GMT+1 so if u use GMT+0 you should try to change TRADINGHOUR 7 to 6 in EA

navodar:
fxmidas:

Fxmidas

Sorry, I have no idea. It seems strange,  because also ElectricSavant wrote he has a problem on IBFX mini accoun. I think there is something wrong, because I have never tried it on different account than XTB.com. I f I will have a time I will check all these brokers demo and try to find out.
I got it to work on my IBFX mini account, but I had to change the "string SYMBOL" from EURUSD to EURUSDm.  I also optimized it last night and found it worked better with the "int TRADINGHOUR" set to 4.   I am located in the US eastern time zone.  I have not run it lived yet because I have other EA's running on that pair that don't play will with others.

thunder597:
navodar:
fxmidas:

Fxmidas

I got it to work on my IBFX mini account, but I had to change the "string SYMBOL" from EURUSD to EURUSDm.  I also optimized it last night and found it worked better with the "int TRADINGHOUR" set to 4.   I am located in the US eastern time zone.  I have not run it lived yet because I have other EA's running on that pair that don't play will with others.

Great, thats what I suggested to ElectricSavant in 10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

With the timezones I am little bit confused now, because typycally EST = GMT - 6

I use CET = GMT+1 so you should have TRADINGHOUR set to 0...

Sorry currently I have no idea about these timezones. Best is to optimise it by yourself with your broker data and you will see.

Anyway, if you have such a optimalisation report, please provide us with it. It could be interesting to see, how "boker and timezone dependant" is this EA

Thanks

Reason: