Roffild's Library - page 3

This looks really awesome!

I've downloaded it and tried to start the "PythonDLL_Example" but it's throwing an error.

"2019.06.22 19:06:44.044    Core 01    1971.05.27 00:00:00   Cannot load 'C:\Users\Nexarius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Tester\98EA62F6559EEE0A166E0C782FEEB765\Agent-127.0.0.1-3000\MQL5\Libraries\Roffild\PythonDLL\x64\Release\PythonDLL.dll' [126]"

It can't find the DLL but I think its in the correct place. https://i.imgur.com/3IDxgWA.png

Could anyone help me please?

Nexarius:

"2019.06.22 19:06:44.044    Core 01    1971.05.27 00:00:00   Cannot load 'C:\Users\Nexarius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Tester\98EA62F6559EEE0A166E0C782FEEB765\Agent-127.0.0.1-3000\MQL5\Libraries\Roffild\PythonDLL\x64\Release\PythonDLL.dll' [126]"

python3.dll is not found:

Cannot load 'Roffild\PythonDLL\x64\Release\PythonDLL.dll' [126]
Cannot call 'pyInitialize', 'Roffild\PythonDLL\x64\Release\PythonDLL.dll' is not loaded
unresolved import function call

Python is not only python3.dll, but also its environment that needs to be configured. The most popular and simple solution is to install Anaconda. There is also Miniconda (minimum 200MB), if you clearly know which packages will be needed when running the script.

https://roffild.com/PythonDLL.html#problems-and-solutions

Anaconda Python/R Distribution - Anaconda
Anaconda Python/R Distribution - Anaconda
  • www.anaconda.com
The open-source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to perform Python/R data science and machine learning on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. With over 11 million users worldwide, it is the industry standard for developing,…

Roffild:

python3.dll is not found:

Python is not only python3.dll, but also its environment that needs to be configured. The most popular and simple solution is to install Anaconda. There is also Miniconda (minimum 200MB), if you clearly know which packages will be needed when running the script.

https://roffild.com/PythonDLL.html#problems-and-solutions

Thanks a lot :)

Now I have another question.

I'm getting

ERROR: PythonHome == ""

What exactly should I do now?

Nexarius:

What exactly should I do now?

Set the path to the installed Anaconda when running the script.

Roffild:

Set the path to the installed Anaconda when running the script.

<deleted> this is awesome ! Thanks :)

Best error ever:

This is not a bug! This is a feature :D

Thanks for this. Quick question

on the site under "uploading files to S3": Step 4: (Download the necessary files from the folder “c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files" to “MetaQuotes/Terminal/Common/Files/”.) For me there were no files under that directory, the folder was empy, or anywhere else I could find on my PC. So in my bucket on AWS I only have the metatester64.exe and all the folders. Were there other MT5 files for you under that directory on your PC? I am missing something? Or is it fine?

Mark938244:

Thanks for this. Quick question

on the site under "uploading files to S3": Step 4: (Download the necessary files from the folder “c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files" to “MetaQuotes/Terminal/Common/Files/”.) For me there were no files under that directory, the folder was empy, or anywhere else I could find on my PC. So in my bucket on AWS I only have the metatester64.exe and all the folders. Were there other MT5 files for you under that directory on your PC? I am missing something? Or is it fine?

In "c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files" the files necessary for the execution of the expert or indicator can be stored. If the expert or indicator does not need any files, then this folder is usually empty. This is normal.

Documentation on MQL5: File Functions
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions
  • www.mql5.com
For security reasons, work with files is strictly controlled in the MQL5 language. Files with which file operations are conducted using MQL5 means cannot be outside the file sandbox. the common folder for all the terminals installed on a computer - usually located in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application...

would be greatly appreciated if you'd upload some files to 'iMetaTrade' database, to share with our users! 

Are the Instances once connected to MT5 able to pass tests on custom symbols? Or are additional steps required? 

Mark938244:
Are the Instances once connected to MT5 able to pass tests on custom symbols? Or are additional steps required? 

AWS testing is no different from local testing. No additional steps are required.

Reason: