Windows 10 Update April 2018 - Activations vanished

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with my purchased Expert Advisors: After an Windows 10 update (April 2018) I lost all my connections chart<->EA. I cannot even update the connection - means when work with track and trop EA is not connected!

When I go to terminal/market, with some EAs I have to spend one activation, other EAs I have to buy again. This is on all my accounts (Tickmill, IC-Markets, Alpari).

Usually I run my purchased EAs on VPS. Since there was no Windows update, the EAs running normal.

I can close positions on the local terminal.

Another basic question: How can I contact a MQL5 system service directly?

Does somebody has any help!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.05.04 09:35

Windows 10 April 2018 Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

On April 30, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This update affects configurations and encryption keys similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect traders' information, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. This protection method ensures that even if platform files are stolen, hackers will not be able to connect to traders' accounts or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update, all passwords of trading accounts stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for the new Windows release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

Due to the change of encryption keys, applications purchased from the Market will lose one activation, because all products are bound to the operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

If some issue - write to the service desk.

Sergey Golubev:
If some issue - write to the service desk.

Hello Sergey, the text you marked with green I understood. My problem is different: I cannot get an activation because - in the opinion of the system - I didn't purchased the EA. But I did (see attachment)!

When I go to the webpage of the EA, then on the left hand side I see the text "product already purchased". When I try to install it from here I get the OANDA MT4 opened, but OANDA I canceled long ago.

From my ICMarkets MT4 for example I cannot buy. There is no reaction when I click  'Buy on the market' (mybe because balance is too low?).

May be I'm stupid, but where the hell can I find the service desk? Please send a link.

Files:

Hello,

You don't see Buy/Install buttons for that EAs because you already have them installed (downloaded). To reinstall them, delete the corresponding files from the Navigator (those that don't run when you try to attach them to a chart). Then refresh Market \ Purchased tab and you'll see Install buttons.

Alexey Petrov:

Hello,

You don't see Buy/Install buttons for that EAs because you already have them installed (downloaded). To reinstall them, delete the corresponding files from the Navigator (those that don't run when you try to attach them to a chart). Then refresh Market \ Purchased tab and you'll see Install buttons.

Hello Alexey,

I think you got it. I tried first with EvoNight, now installation is again possible. Thank you very much.

Now I will restore setups of all my EAs in all my accounts.

For the future: Where to contact the "service desk"?

Nice day...

Go
WaitPatiently:

For the future: Where to contact the "service desk"?

Nice day...

Go to your profile and there on the elft side.

Carl Schreiber:
Go

Go to your profile and there on the elft side.

Oh sorry, I need some holidays ...

My computer has just been updated two days ago and the same thing happened to me. I think he told me like a new activation. I have to do something?

herkok:
My computer has just been updated two days ago and the same thing happened to me. I think he told me like a new activation. I have to do something?

With every new major windows the market products need to be re-installed in your MT platform and that requires a new activation licence.

So, go to the market tab of your terminal window and click the purchased option, in order to see your purchased products and install again (far right side).

Eleni Anna Branou :

Con cada nueva ventana principal, los productos del mercado deben ser reinstalados en su plataforma MT y eso requiere una nueva licencia de activación.

Por lo tanto, vaya a la pestaña de mercado de su ventana de terminal y haga clic en la opción comprada, para ver sus productos comprados e instalar nuevamente (extremo derecho).

But it has told me as a new activation and I have not changed my computer, only Windows has been updated. Can you return the activation of each EA?

herkok:

But it has told me as a new activation and I have not changed my computer, only Windows has been updated. Can you return the activation of each EA?

No.

Reason: