Market Watch Symbol selection procedure call

Hi,

I am looking for MT4 function(s) that allow selection of specific symbol in the watchlist, so the symbol's tick chart is displayed.

It is to be called from EA or indicators and would be similar to ChartOpen but for Market Watch, eliminating the need to click on several tabs and select the symbol manually.

Anyone aware of such functions?

If not in MT4, is something like this available in MT5?

And if no functions available, then is there a way of requesting recent tick data, say something like the most recent N ticks or minutes?

Thanks,

Al

p.s. this is a resubmission since the original text didn't seem to show up for some reason ?

Hello,

Maybe you might be able use millisecond function. I am fairly sure that you have to be on chart to get a tick.

Sounds your having a stab in the dark atm. try and code it. How do you know your on tick if two or more pairs change at almost the same time?

GrumpyDuckMan:

Hello,

Maybe you might be able use millisecond function. I am fairly sure that you have to be on chart to get a tick.

Sounds your having a stab in the dark atm. try and code it. How do you know your on tick if two or more pairs change at almost the same time?

Hi,

Thanks for the millisecond suggestion. Agreed that trying to catch all ticks and cross correlate has many complexities.

I was really trying to gain access to the data that MT4 (or MT5) already collects and has sitting there somewhere, i.e. that is available to the tick charts.

And yes, then explore how to take advantage of this, rather than putting in redundant capabilities, if possible.

So have many ideas, but uncertain how or if even possible to gain efficient access to the underlying tick data that MTx is gathering.

Al

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please attach a screenshot demonstrating the issue.

Best regards, MQL5.com Support Team

Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyTicks
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyTicks
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  The number of requested ticks. If the 'from' and 'count' parameters are not specified, all available recent ticks (but not more than 2000) will be written to ticks_array[]. The first call of CopyTicks() initiates synchronization of the symbol's tick database stored on the hard disk. If the local database does not provide all the requested...

fxsaber:

Thanks very much for this reference! This will certainly allow direct efficient access to MT5 tick data. Will have a look at this more closely...

Do you also happen to you aware of any routines that allow code to select/specify a particular symbol in Market Watch   "Symbols"/"Tick Chart"   windows? 

Thanks

Al

Reason: