Are you interested to participate to a public team project using the new mql5 "Shared Projects" ? - page 4

alphatrading:

Another point is the issue Fernando tested. As long as there is no MT4 support for it it's a dead end anyway.

MT4 is dying. They stopped to sell it, to support it. 

Ex Ovo Omnia:

As long as the 'shared project' means only sharing the Metaquotes repository via Metaeditor, there is not a big advantage. I am afraid the serious projects need much more that that.

I would appreciate if there were a configurable access to a generic versioning system in Metaeditor, which is often integrated into a complex service.

Will not happen, Metaquotes policy is to develop their own tools, services, etc...I don't think they will do anything to support other systems.

They have a lot of plans for MetaEditor, including direct work with C++ and other languages.

I dont think traders are interested in that or any of the new features they keep adding.

At some point a product can be considered finished, everything added to it after that will only start to reflect the developers, and not so much a product of value for the user base.

Maybe they should invest a bit more time in support.

We all know that is the biggest issue.

For people interested :

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/223473

Обсудим совместные проекты в редакторе - зачем они и куда движутся
Обсудим совместные проекты в редакторе - зачем они и куда движутся
  • www.mql5.com
На текущий момент мы выпустили первую версию проектов, совместных проектов и новое хранилище...

Alain Verleyen:

Will not happen, Metaquotes policy is to develop their own tools, services, etc...I don't think they will do anything to support other systems.

They have a lot of plans for MetaEditor, including direct work with C++ and other languages.

Wow, are they planning to add c++ compiler plug into a notepad? :)

But seriously, I know they are not going to allow generic SVN, they rejected my suggestion two years ago. So I am keeping my old repository and ignoring that Metaeditor feature (and also having no troubles with "project sharing" updates).

Alain Verleyen:

For people interested :

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/223473

Renat just continues to make wrong business decisions. If he opens MT5 to 3rd party tools it can survive. Otherwise he can continue to add as much features as he wants, it's a dead end. It's not what serious traders want.

alphatrading:

Renat just continues to make wrong business decisions. If he opens MT5 to 3rd party tools it can survive. Otherwise he can continue to add as much features as he wants, it's a dead end. It's not what serious traders want.

The traders are not the MetaQuotes customers, brokers are, and MQ allow 3rd party tools on MT5 server side.

Not sure what you mean by "serious traders", but if you mean professionals, for sure MT5 is not for them.

Wait and see...

So when exactly does one become a professional ? 

I mean where is that threshold ? or how you want to term it ?

Alain Verleyen:

The traders are not the MetaQuotes customers, brokers are, and MQ allow 3rd party tools on MT5 server side.

I agree but without traders, these brokers would not have customers and without customers it would become difficult don't you think ?

Marco vd Heijden:

So when exactly does one become a professional ? 

I mean where is that threshold ? or how you want to term it ?

A professional is someone living from the envisaged activity.

I agree but without traders, these brokers would not have customers and without customers it would become difficult don't you think ?

So what ? 

Brokers and their customers don't care at all about our opinion. I have a lot of things to say about Metaquotes, but a lot more things about people who are just able to talk. It's easy to criticize, still I am waiting to see a true competitor to Metaquotes.

Anyway this discussion is off-topic.

Please talk about ME shared projects only. Thanks.

Reason: