Are you interested to participate to a public team project using the new mql5 "Shared Projects" ? - page 5

It's not criticism but common logic no traders no funds no funds and all brokerages business become meaningless.

I do not have much to say about ME shared projects except, again common logic, that a trader wants to make a profit with a system that he designed, on his own, many times over the course of many years and he is not willing to share his holy grail or golden goose in fact he is paranoid about MQ being able to look into his source code.

We have seen plenty examples of topic about that issue alone.

There simply isn't a reason to share and there are plenty of reasons not to share.

Aside from, and i already mentioned this, projects between developers, not between traders because they don't like to share their secret strategy and will do anything it takes to keep it a secret.

The first thing that comes to mind is how safe is this server, who can get to the source code i don't see it as some advantage but a very large security threat.

What if there are bugs and others can also access the private projects ?

It just doesn't make any sense to me but many many things don't make sense to me so i just leave it there.

Marco vd Heijden:

It's not criticism but common logic no traders no funds no funds and all brokerages business become meaningless.

I do not have much to say about ME shared projects except, again common logic, that a trader wants to make a profit with a system that he designed, on his own, many times over the course of many years and he is not willing to share his holy grail or golden goose in fact he is paranoid about MQ being able to look into his source code.

We have seen plenty examples of topic about that issue alone.

There simply isn't a reason to share and there are plenty of reasons not to share.

Aside from, and i already mentioned this, projects between developers, not between traders because they don't like to share their secret strategy and will do anything it takes to keep it a secret.

The first thing that comes to mind is how safe is this server, who can get to the source code i don't see it as some advantage but a very large security threat.

What if there are bugs and others can also access the private projects ?

It just doesn't make any sense to me but many many things don't make sense to me so i just leave it there.

I agree with Marco. Traders don´t share their secrets. 

A common project in another area where everybody gains or improves a commonly share tool - I can think of many - yes, but just in that area. 

Well if we wanted to share we can or are already using github... and slack so theres nothing new under the sun.

This is even better because github also supports other languages and we sometimes use other languages embedded within MQL,

Meta editor does not recognize these syntax's so i have to use several editors next to each other.

From what i read i guess we will eventually just end up with a 1:1 copy of MQL <> C++ 

And the wheel was re-invented.

I agree 100% with marco ... I dont mind sharing functions or things to help people.. But a EA that i worked on for a long time is not something i want to share...  Moving MQL to a fully C++ based system seems like it is the way it will and should go... Using a language that common universally would be great... Ive actually been thinking about going to CTrader or some sort of C based platform so that when i get stuck or have questions im not limited to mql'ers for answers... 
Reason: